Gunner Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It takes alot of folks behind the lines to keep our fighting forces supplied with all they need. These folks do their level best to see to it that they did their job right. One misstake and one of ours don't get to come home. Folks in the medical field do their level best to care for our wounded folks, the ones behind the lines work just as hard as the ones at the front lines. But ya know I was always glad to see those folks runing crawlin or what ever they needed to do to save us from our wounds and from enemy fire. Those folks would shield you from enemey fire with their own bodies. I have never heard one of them complain about a thing it was just their job, they was proud to do it and asked nothing in return. We owe them alot some of us owe them our very lives.
I do this every year at this time just to let folks know that I have never forgotten the folks that risked their lives so I could be here with you. I also remember the folks that saw to it that I had what I needed when I needed it.
Just some words from a once upon time soldier, yes I did take my weapon and stand a watch on the wall- I once was glad to have been glad that we have folks that still do the job I once done.
I read a story the other day about a soldier died today its one of the best stories I have ever read. I am gald that we do have our folks in the armed forces as I sure wouldn't want a politician to take a weapon and stand on the wall they would sell out to the enemy so they wouldn't have to stand on the wall.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
good post...........
yes sir, there are a lot of folks behind the scenes that do their part as well and i am in total agreement about the politicans on the wall which is unfortunately where the terms "friendly fire" and "collaterial damage" would apply when politicans get involved..................

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Thanks for the reminder Snuffy. A lot of people forget that the front line depends heavily on the rear lines.

·
Administrator
11,110 Posts
Snuffy:

Did you read the book "Flag of Our Fathers"? I did this winter and thought it was excellent. I also watched the movie and wondered what they based the movie on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts