Gunner Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pats looked pretty tough last night as they thumped the Steelers 33-3. Antonio Brown signs a one year deal with the Pats today. I think once Brown gets they playbook down with him, Josh Gordon, Phillip Dorsett and Edelman plus White and Burkhead out of the backfield everyone is going to be saying Gronk who. Brady will find the open man and with that crew someone will be open.

The defense looked seasoned and solid.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
My Cowboys looked like a well oiled machine, yesterday. They have a lot of depth on both sides of the ball.

I liked it on the Fox halftime show, when Curt Menefee said "They always say that broadcasters are players that can't play. How refreshing it is to see a retired broadcaster catch a touchdown pass in the NFL!".

·
Registered
11,014 Posts
Couple posts from a buddy of mine, I tend to agree with his comments, if the GOAT can stay upright and on the field.
With all of that talent it makes you wounder how they avoid the salary cap.

·
Super Moderator
10,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With all of that talent it makes you wounder how they avoid the salary cap.
If a player thinks he is worth a big contract then he gets it with another team. They either cut him or trade him. Brady just wants to win superbowls and he was #14 on the money list of NFL QB's last season. Who was the highest paid none other than Brady's old back up Jimmy Garoppolo. Bradys wife makes the money in the family anyways as she made over $30 M last year.

·
Super Moderator
10,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pats defense has given up a total of 3 points in the first two games. They had 2 pick 6's against the Dolphins so they have scored 4X what they have given up.

Belichick after the game was asked about the shutout and he said "Always good to hold them scoreless can't lose that way".

·
Registered
11,014 Posts
The Hawks pulled one out Sunday, first ever win in Pittsburgh, Carol's birthday and his 100th win as coach of the Hawks. Also, their first 2 & 0 start since 13, might be a good year, guess we'll see!

·
Registered
11,014 Posts
Well, the Hawks are off to NOLA for their Sunday game with the Saints. With all the rain they are getting their the Hawks should have an edge, being from Seattle. :-D:-D

·
Super Moderator
10,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Antonio Brown we hardly knew ya. He was released yesterday from the Patriots after another woman accused him of inappropriate sexual conduct and she also had text messages from him. What a moron he had it all and no doubt had many willing admirers and choose to screw it up. He's just a low IQ thug.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Antonio Brown we hardly knew ya. He was released yesterday from the Patriots after another woman accused him of inappropriate sexual conduct and she also had text messages from him. What a moron he had it all and no doubt had many willing admirers and choose to screw it up. He's just a low IQ thug.
You're probably better off anyway. I figured he'd be a distraction.

·
Super Moderator
10,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He was contrite in his parting words thanking the Pats for the opportunity. Someone probably told him his career was like a box of chocolates sitting on a wood stove.

·
Super Moderator
10,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pats defense still haven't given up any touchdowns. In the Jets game a rookie that receives punts fumbled at the goal line and the Jets recovered in the end zone and the Pats put out their rookie QB during garbage time and he immediately threw a pick 6.

·
Super Moderator
10,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pats looked a little lackluster the 1st half but got it going in the second half for the win against a winless team. I don't know who the color commentator was but think he was an ex-******* as he said "I believe Washington has the best defense in football right now". Now the Pats defense has allowed 20 points in 5 games (excludes the two touchdowns allowed one, by special teams and a pick 6) but hey what do I know.

·
Registered
11,014 Posts
The current crop of of color commentators leaves a lot to be desired! I didn't watch any games this Sunday, still trying to get my heart started from the Hawks Rams game Thursday.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Vikings don't think Kurt Cousins is the answer. Those passes just before half time looked like pregnant ducks.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Vikings don't think Kurt Cousins is the answer.
A couple of different times in the 4th quarter all they had to do was chew up some clock. 3 and out both times. Cousins really hasn't done badly. Better completion percentage than Aaron Rogers. (Sure they're mostly 5 yards, but..) Maybe they can bring back Christian Ponder. I believe he's available. How many years did they waste insisting he was the "quarterback of the future."

·
Super Moderator
10,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And the mighty have fallen.....
Going to be a nasty bye week in Foxboro. Didn't watch any of the game as I was beat. Their schedule was easy the first half, second half much tougher but the Pats get a lot tougher later in the season.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts