Gunner Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats' up with American made autos now-a-days??????
I tend to want to buy USA made items, but this truck is getting my goat big time.
Sheriff truck is a 2005 ford crew cab heavy half ton. 120,000 mile on her and she has been thru 5 fuel pumps. last go around, the fuel pump and an oxygen sensor(what ever that is) went out. $695.00 repair bill on that. Then, i have a emergency committial that i need to haul to the V.A. hospital in Waco and the electrical system goes hay-wire. Have to call for help and finish the transport in a three-quarter ton fan.

Now the truck stayed at a ford dealership for three days with another problem of it shutting the engin off at the most wrong times---like going 70 mph down the highway and it suddenly dies.

dealership had it for three days and could not figgure it out because it didn't "act-up" for them and the computer plug-in diagnostic thing said there was no problem. In short, if te check engine light don't come on and the truck computer don't tell the shop computer what's wrong, they don't have the sense to fix it.

got it out of the shop and drove it for two days and she was fine but started shutting down again. Took it to a "shade tree" mechanic i knew and he bird-dogged the problem immediately and fixed it. Turns out it was a $25.00 relay in the fuse box.

We get t pick our vehicles and i got to drive this ford for two more years, but my next one ain't gonna be ford. Think i'll check out the GMC.

I'd look at them toyotas or nissans, but they are just to much money over the budget to get into one. Although i keep hearing the titan is the best out there. Already some locals have been shocked when i mention going to a jap pickup, and i point out that on my ford is a made in canada sticker, and if you look at the axle, it says made in mexico.

·
Registered
977 Posts
debt is about the only thing American made anymore

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I bought my 1st. Jap vehicle little over 2yrs. ago (2005 Tundra). Its a superior built vehicle over any Made in China,Tiwan,India,Mexico etc. assembled by robots in America. Every thing about my Tundra from MPG. to resale value beats anything produced by the Corporate Nazi Regeme. If sales slip a little they just have there Corporate Nazi Owned media run a story on how sales of American autos are falling behind and all the sheep(your avg. American Stooge currently at 90% of the population in the latest Deadeye survey) go running out to buy the latest Ford, Chevy, Chrysler Piece of Crap. or if things get really bad they just get a Corporate Nazi Government Bailout Loan & advertise it as the New Chrysler, Ford, Gmc etc. and here come the little sheep wagging their tales behind them. The Nazi Corporations know that the sheep are despirate to keep up their Upper Middle Class (please feel free to insert Upper Management Corporate Nazi Stooge here) standing and must never keep their big as they can find gas guzzling Suv/Suburban Soccermom "Lets block every street in front of every school" piece of shit more than 2yrs. So why should they even try to build a vehicle that will not fall apart as soon as worthless "warranty" expires? Besides then they couldn't fill every little lambs (that doesen't know a boxend wrench from his oldladies ass, other than the smell of este lauder that would choke an elephant) mailbox with envelopes that say WARNING your vehicle warranty is about to expire you really need to extend your "Factory Warranty" incase that new Ford POS we sold you desides to take a shit in the middle of the rush hour, construction/soccermom congested roadways!!!!!!!!!
Oh I'm having such a good time wish it could last forever, but gotta go fix Mattie some grub.

Don't fret now "I'll be back" :twisted:

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
I would recommend the Dodge 2500 with the Cummins diesel. I just rolled over 40,000 this morning on my '05, and it's just getting broken in good. If the Cummins engine has the proper maintainance done on it, then you're looking at 500,000 miles. They are expensive, though. BTW: if you do look at the Cummins, see if you can get the 5.9 liter....older design than the 6.7, and I think it's better.....

·
Administrator
11,053 Posts
I've got a Chevy one ton with the duramax diesel I use to haul a 38' 5th wheel. The truck gets good fuel economy with all the power I need. Give it a look.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts

Just my two cents. I have always been partial to GM products, but anymore, sometimes you get a good one, sometimes you don't. It seems like the manufacture has nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I,m with mrb on them 6 slander frods! Ya gotta get an old one though. I had a green (best color too) 1966 when I was 18, fliped & totaled it trying to jump some RR tracks (young, dumb & full of you know what back then). it was a 4 track crossing and my buds bet me I couldn't clear all 4. I hit the hump at 75mph. (bout top speed for the old girl, she would pull anything tho) won the bet but landed in the ditch on the other side! Don't think my Dad ever got over that one!!! :lol:

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dang it was fun to be young!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Sometimes i wonder how i ever survived myself!

·
Registered
859 Posts
First new car I ever had was a Mach 1 mustang in 1970. I used it for work , play . fishin and huntin. 4200 dollars brand new. I still dream about it sometimes.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
My first NEW car was a 1973 Roadrunner w/ 400 cid, 4 speed with Hurst, 355 posi-trac rear...no air, no radio, not even a cig lighter....$3750....she was faster than a cat with it's butt on fire, though.....would love to have her back.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts