Gunner Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have had quite a few firearms since 1958, bought a lot and sold a lot. And had some gifted to me. From the cowboy tv era in the '50's and '60's and in the movies, I have always had a love for lever actions. At one time I had more and one time less, than now. I regret selling one of my Winchesters from 1963. So, here is the way it looks now, from the top to bottom:
Marlin 1894 .44 magnum with four power scope with the JM stamp
Marlin 1894 .44 magnum with the JM stamp
Henry Golden Boy .22lr made in New York
Henry Classic Lever Action .22lr made in New Jersey
Oh yeah, the Stetson is only for effect. :-D

·
Registered
462 Posts
Great lever actions.

You know which ones are my favorites, but they are all great.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Nice!
I'm a sucker for levers too, and Westerns.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Somehow, the picture that I posted has disappeared since yesterday.??? I guess photobucket was down for maintenance, new to me.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
They are back now. It happens once in a while. Not often. The site is still closed but the pictures work again. There system has been a bit flaky lately so hopefully they are fixing it.

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
I love lever guns and have owned a few in my life and think everyone needs a lever gun ...
You have a nice collection :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Very nice, Hoppy. I've owned a couple of 1894s in 44 mag and enjoyed them. Have to say, though, those little carbines had quite a bark in 44 mag.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, they have substantial recoil, with the Hornady LEVEREVOLUTION 225 grain or the Remington 240 grain. If I am at the range in the warmer weather with only a T-shirt, I wear a shotgun pad and fold a hand towel and put it under my shirt to help absorb the recoil. Otherwise I have a bruise on my shoulder if I do any amount of shooting. In colder weather, a heavy jacket is all I need.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
I remember the first time I shot one of those in 44 mag while sighting in. Had it resting on the bag, no support on the forearm, resting it the way I usually do with a bolt gun. Darned if that gun didn't flip right off the bag and bounce on the bench when I shot. Got a good knick on the stock for my mistake. Only did that once. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts