Gunner Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
Tactical Prius
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love shopping at my local gun stores. We have some good ones here in Oklahoma. Mom and pops I like to support.
My new Henry .17 lever action will be in next week about the same time my 2 Arken scopes arrive. I think I have the rings to fit on the dove tail so I won't have to put a rail on top. Just keeps the scope lower but once I get the scope and rifle together to see if I have the clearance. Regardless, I've found some great deals on line for the .17 round. From what I've read, the 17 gr is also better than the 20 gr, so I've been buying where I could find. Even online you limited to the number of boxes of 50. Stopped by Bailies in Ada Ok. and they had CCI 50 round boxes for 19 bucks. I would have bought it all but limited to 2 boxes like on line. Could have had my wife go in and buy two boxes as well but didn't.
Here's a pic

Attachments

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Congratulations on the score !

Finding any ammo now is a miracle. I'm fortunate that I gradually stocked up during the previous shortages. Only shooting three calibers made it some easier. If it stays in good condition, so far so good, it will outlast me. I hated going to stores practically every day.

·
Premium Member
Tactical Prius
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations on the score !

Finding any ammo now is a miracle. I'm fortunate that I gradually stocked up during the previous shortages. Only shooting three calibers made it some easier. If it stays in good condition, so far so good, it will outlast me. I hated going to stores practically every day.
I've stocked up on lots ammo, and continue to do so. Started before the panic. I reload, so I have lots of powder and primers along with a ton of lead wheel weights and melted lead bars. A great 650 dillion press, and a very nice single press I use for precision. Lots of once fired brass as well.
I'm from Oklahoma so shooting is everyone's thing. It and hunting. I don't deer hunt anymore because I don't need the meat. Love going out to deer camp with the family though. I only shoot wild hogs but that's hit'em and forget'em . They are all over the place.
I have friends that have places we set up to shoot 1500 yds on steel and pistol targets as well. I shoot my Ruger Precision out to 1500 but that's the 6.5 creedmoor and the Grendel and I try to limit shooting the factory stuff right now and don't want to reload a bunch even though I've got the load ups down.
We have ammo here in OK still but you have to keep your eye open for the popular stuff. We have lots of people that don't shoot and come from other states to line up at the box stores to buy ammo as it comes in on delivery days. They'll have 10 people so they can each buy the limit and it's gone. They just take it and double the price and sell it at shows. I hate those guys.
Think about reloading. It's fun and tons of people like the Georgia Shooting Connection that will step by step you though. I haven't looked, but I'll bet they have a forum here as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts