Gunner Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't had to use the plastic but got my TN shotgun today had a nice drive and an old friend and I went together had a blast talkin over old times. Ended up gettin a couple of shirts and vest and 2 hoslters for my 6 shooters. Got a 10% discount being a SASS Member too. Heck its a dang candy story to me. Won't belong now before I'll shootin classic cowboy and not 49'er class. Dang boys and gurl my heart is racin now bet the blood pressure is up too. I got another local match this weekend-wow I think I am gettin sick here my hands are a sweatin now.
Ya know for the time I am there at a match I am not part of this world I am back in the 1880's.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Re: Got my MUle earred shotgun

I love buying new guns and gun accessories. Let us know how the new toys work out for you and how things go this weekend. Pics would be ok too. :D

·
Registered
22,098 Posts

When you go back there, you probably find more courtesy and respect shown, more willingness to jump up and help each other, less selfishness and snobbery....I'd like to have been back then....hard times, but good times.....simpler, slower pace...oh, yeah.....I'd have liked that....

·
Registered
4,139 Posts

Good luck Snuffy....I don't have a match this weekend, but we have Dirty Harry practice on Monday afternoon....nice way to burn 120 .38sp....... :lol:

·
Registered
6,150 Posts

nice to hear ya got the new two row.........let us know how she does for ya............

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

She did fine ya'll, no recoil pad just a steel plate. And to my surprize wasn't bad at all. Never missed a traget that I was aiming correctly.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts

Somethin' exciting about a short double....takes you back to a better time, I think...

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Some interesting stories that I have heard over the years and at least one account I know I have read some where but forgot where it was that I read the story. Ok whew that was a bunch of news lol. It was the Texas Ranger that always wanted a shotgun to carry in town sorta kept folks frienderly than normal from what I have heard. They liked the shorter barrel as it was easy to get into the saloon in those days. The story I read was that the Ranger wanted a rifle and six shooter of the same caliber. Winchester wasn't going to make a rifle in 45 Colt so Colt made a 6 gun in 44-40

1 - 9 of 9 Posts