Gunner Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may know me from other boards while some of you may be wondering who the hell I am. :mrgreen: For those who don't know me, my name is Rick and go use the handle Taurus_9mm. Many thanks to Bountyhunter for creating the board and greetings to those of you who are the newest of the noobs. :D

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Good to see you got the posting thing down. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Hey, Taurus 9mm.....howdy to you...glad you're here amongst us!!! My eldest is leanin' towards a Taurus 1911 for his first auto....boy won't listen to his old Dad:)

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
I'm just gonna sit here, listen and soak it all up.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wizard said:
Hello, Taurus.....you and BH need to talk me into a Taurus 1911..... :lol:
Good to see you again Wizard. :D Bountyhunter and I may be able to do that without words. We can post pics of our PT1911s and let them do the talking, hows that? :mrgreen:
When looking at them, they just seem to give off a 'buy me' vibe.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sheepdog said:
Hey, Taurus 9mm.....howdy to you...glad you're here amongst us!!! My eldest is leanin' towards a Taurus 1911 for his first auto....boy won't listen to his old Dad:)
Greetings Sheepdog, nice to see you again too guy. :D Is he debating a different brand of 1911 or an entirely different type of pistol? I have my blued model but I really feel I need a stainless model as well.... maybe two. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
I've been trying to talk him into the XD or a Ruger...he wanted a Glock...I told him about the Taurus...he says $600 is too much....I reckon we're not done talking....he likes the 1911 and if he gets one, Taurus is a good bargain.....we'll see.....

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sheepdog said:
I've been trying to talk him into the XD or a Ruger...he wanted a Glock...I told him about the Taurus...he says $600 is too much....I reckon we're not done talking....he likes the 1911 and if he gets one, Taurus is a good bargain.....we'll see.....
Hopefully he'll listen to dad and let him point him in the right direction. :mrgreen: I was able to take my PT1911 out this weekend and put 150 rounds of Blazer aluminum through it and the more I shoot it, the more I like it. If your son ever does get one, I doubt you'd be able to pry it away from him. But maybe dad could get one for himself? :D

I'm looking forward to Bountyhunter's range report after he takes his out for the first time. I have a feeling he's gonna like it..... a lot.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gunman42782 said:
I just realized I have not said howdy, neighbor. You know it was an oversight on my part!

No problem Tim, glad to have you here man. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Looks like you beat me over here. Good to see you.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Taurus_9mm...I remember Taurus when they were crap-in the 60s----their quality is so good now, I don't see how they can sell as cheaply as they do...must be using exiled American labor....my main gripe with them is that they'll get a great one out there...i.e. 5-shot stainless .44...and then drop it from the line...sure hope this 1911-style stays-it's a handful of value for a small amount of money in today's market...old Dad may entice son to buy it by chipping in a coupla hundred....don't want him looking at the price tag, instead of choosing something effective.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts