Gunner Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if this is old or new news but I just read a study by Rand Corporation on gun ownership in America ranked by state and percent of guns owned per household. New Jersey and Massachusetts were tied for last at 14.7% of homes with guns. Montana was first with 66.7% of homes with guns. Interestingly, Texas is about the middle with 45.7%. I guess thanks to Rand Corporation the Feds now know where all the guns are!!

·
Administrator
11,744 Posts
I seem to remember that NH was ranked quite low. We all got them up here we just don't talk about it. A lot of stats are based on % of CCL's. Up here we now have constitutional carry but even before that our shall issue permits are local so the only way to find out how many are issued is to ask every police department in the state as there is not state registry except for nonresident permits. Not sure the Chiefs would even respond to such a request.

·
Registered
11,395 Posts

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
It's a real shame that so many people have lost guns in boating accidents.........:roll:

·
Registered
11,395 Posts
I keep hearing Texas is heading more to the left so wonder if that’s part of why their guns ownerships are dropping? No facts just questioning if this is a reason
Must be Austin.

·
Administrator
11,744 Posts
I know there is a lot of people fleeing CA to TX and the left wants you to believe they are swaying Texas to the left but other than isolated spots TX is as red as it ever was.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Texas without guns is like a fish with no water......

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
They show around 3/4 of a million guns in Texas. But, there is a lot more than that, since there is no registration in Texas. No tellin how many have been handed down to family members.

I remember reading a report a few years ago, where they reckoned a 3 gun per Texan average.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Even in Blue states like mine, NY. It's blue in the big cities, so they out vote us. Otherwise, NY north of NYC is very red, and full of outdoor gun owning people. Gun and ammo sales have been crazy here too.
Like polling, I think gun ownership is under represented, everywhere.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Even in Blue states like mine, NY. It's blue in the big cities, so they out vote us. Otherwise, NY north of NYC is very red, and full of outdoor gun owning people. Gun and ammo sales have been crazy here too.
Like polling, I think gun ownership is under represented, everywhere.
That's some pretty country up there.
I spent a couple of Summers in Glens Falls. One year I remodeled my buddy's house, and the next the year the exterior of his Business.

·
Administrator
11,744 Posts
My dad worked construction so spent 2 years living in South Glens Fall, 6th and 7th grade. As I recall he was working on the Northway I87at the time. After that we moved to NH and grew roots.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Its hard to judge this by personal experience. I have five grown kids and three of the five have at least one gun in their home. But one is a 22 rifle that hasn't been touched in decades, and one is a 38 snubbie that I gave to my son-in-law over 20 years ago when he married my daughter, along with a box of 50 rounds. Just yesterday I asked him about it and he said he still has the gun, and the full box of 50 rounds. Only my youngest son, who has two handguns, actually keeps one loaded and in a small security container to be available to defend his home and family. One of my sons is a former LEO and lives in southern California and does not own a single firearm. Its pitiful.

·
Administrator
11,744 Posts
Many of my early years were spent on a farm in VT and hunting and firearms were just part of the culture. It must have rubbed off. If I leave the house, I'm armed. NH has constitutional carry but I have a permit here and with Utah which gives me 37 states. I like to hunt and fish and guess that rubbed off as well.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Hi Vito, welcome from VA !

I think the left has pushed so hard about guns being so "dangerous" and "powerful" that people are afraid to own one. It's so obvious when the anti-guns open their mouth that they are ignorant of how guns operate and gun safety.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts