Gunner Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Excellent! I am waiting to see what Sightngrl broke.
Thx for adding this area to post gunsmithing issues!

RetiredSb you probably just cursed me LOL :-D

If anyone has past or present issues we can list them so others can reference this forum for help. I think it will be interesting to read anywhoo. (whether it involves thingys or not) :)

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
and since I had issues with my Charger & this was the solution....

Several months ago I had Sightnguy install a few upgrades on my Ruger Charger.We bought a tune up kit that included a Sure Strike firing pin and an Exact Edge extractor. I shoot alot of different brands of ammo, and have encountered light strikes and some stove pipes. These parts have eliminated those issues.

Another upgrade was an auto bolt release, which was the best upgrade you can do for a Charger. The new release saves your finger from getting sore from the sharp factory release thingy. With the new release, you just pull the bolt back and let go.

We also dropped in a polyurethane bolt stop/recoil buffer.

These upgrades made the Charger a reliable, smoother shooting pistol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sightngrl,
My brother has a Charger that he doesn't shoot enough to determine it's shortcomings.
Can you briefly go over the list of parts improvements that you would recommend should I gain possession?
Thanks,
Jimmy

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Sightngrl,
My brother has a Charger that he doesn't shoot enough to determine it's shortcomings.
Can you briefly go over the list of parts improvements that you would recommend should I gain possession?
Thanks,
Jimmy
Sorry I just saw this request. Let me get back to you later today with the website for the previously mentioned replacement parts. ;)

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Sightngrl,
Thanks,
Jimmy
Look at Volquartsen for great quality upgrade parts.

I've put a lot of rounds down my Charger, so I'm sure that had something to do with my issues. The Charger was used when I bought it and didn't have light strikes then.

The parts I replaced are listed in my first post.;)

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Does anyone else like flat triggers on their firearms? I've put them on several of my firearms and just think they are the best ever. You have a sharper crisper trigger pull without the usual take up or slop. I believe my accuracy has improved and is more consistent too.

·
Administrator
11,217 Posts
It is a little longer reach to get to the trigger and they are available for an easy install on my Sigs but don't have an issue with stock trigger so no. I think Gray Guns make them for the Sigs. With my DAO P250 I need a little extra finger on the trigger so not sure I would like it with the reach. With the striker fired P320's the trigger is pretty decent so have not looked at them. I know on the Sig forums they are popular with many of the members.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Does anyone else like flat triggers on their firearms? I've put them on several of my firearms and just think they are the best ever. You have a sharper crisper trigger pull without the usual take up or slop. I believe my accuracy has improved and is more consistent too.
I really don't think the flat trigger has anything to do with take up or slop. It's just that you bought a better trigger group.
One of my ARs has a single stage flat trigger that I don't mind, but for precision shooting, I prefer the curved trigger, so my finger is in the same spot every time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts