Gunner Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new Henry H010 in 45/70....Gun shoots great. I have shot some factory junk for the brass and then "rolled some of my own" I like hard cast bullets hot and heavy...mostly 525 and 420 grains as hard as I can push them and still be accurate. This guns factory recoil pad is nice and does the job very well, still kicks like a bad donkey but I like that.
Here's the problem...the tubular magazine has come loose due to some very poor fit-up on the dovetail milled into the barrel in two places...the magazine has nearly fallen off the gun. I am sending it back to Henry and hoping it will be fixed properly so this doesn't happen again. Has anybody had problems with their Henrys and are Henrys not able to handle hot hand-loads like I was reassured they could before I bought the gun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A new Henry H010 in 45/70......Has anybody had problems with their Henrys coming apart from recoil?...the tubular magazine has come loose due to poor fit-up in the dovetail/lugs that hold mag to barrel. Anybody have warranty work done by Henry...done right? I'm concerned Henry will "fix" the gun the same way they built it and it will fall apart again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
heavy trigger

just bought the henry big boy in 45 colt. the trigger is really heavy.
how can I resolve this problem. the rifle looks great, shoots well
but I cannot live with this trigger. please help me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts