Gunner Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She was my horse that I rode when I was the higher rider for the prison. She was a lady for sure and of course she knew who daddy was for sure. Now she loved cantaloupe, she had to have one if we were working that field that day. If she didn't get one or two I would sure get a rodeo the next morning. She was the only lady that tamed me, I guess ya could say she had my number. I always greeted her every morning with carrots, on hot days I would walked over and hose her off so she could cool down. I would then walk her until she was dry then bush and curry her, fuss with he tale just so she would look nice. Here is a picture of her and I gettin ready to work that afternoon she isn't wearing her custom made saddle this day but ya can bet she did most of the time, unless we were working heavy brush that day.
She was all lady and all work, I shall miss her for ever

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Now if men would treat their women like you treated your horse, the women would respond so that the men would think they died and went to heaven.

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Deadeye said:
Natalie said:
Now if men would treat their women like you treated your horse, the women would respond so that the men would think they died and went to heaven.
Yeeeea right!!! ;) :p :p
Guess I lied - sorry.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well lets see, of course this is only one side of the story mine. I Worked and went to college at nite in my first marrage we needed the money her and her children were very expenive shal we say. Her son had medical troubles and so did she, well the insurance didn't pay it all so we needed the money. Her main complain about me was your never here and when you are here your tired all the time.
Basically the same in my second marrage the living my one state pay check could afford wasn't enough so I got a second job still same or same old your not here.
Ofcourse both of them told me that I loved my horse more than them, well can't argue with that cause I did, I miss her and I sure don't miss either of them. So I have to say they were right.
Now that I have retired and have my retirement check and state check as I have gone back to work I am enjoying my life. For once in my life I am living for me working for me. And no I don't mind it being very quit when I get home at nite from work.
I am glad and proud for those that can stay married and learn to live with each other always love that about folks that are happly married. I am just as happy single, actually this is the best time of my life.
Ofcourse I say that as I look at a pile of stuff that needs to be thrown out, I some got the idea that I could straighten this place up and get it done in a few hours. Lets see I started at 8 AM and I am still working on it. I think my timing is off a little.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
All joking aside...some women marry a man to change him or if he or as long as he....and then some women marry a man to love him no matter what....and that makes all the difference....a man will usually rise to the level she believes in him and encourages him.....sometimes we fall short anyways...but it's sure easier with a friend who's committed 100% not one foot out the door unless or if....another case for unconditional love and 100% commitment....on both parts....those marriages aren't perfect...but they often make it to golden!!!

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes sir I agree, BabyGurl loved me for me and I loved her for her, she didn't care how much or how little I had. I have seen many folks that even throw they were dirty poor we richer than anyone that has huge amounts of money

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
I wouldn't trade the love of my sons for all the money in the world...or the love of my dog, for that matter....love just ain't for sale...and them what don't have it are very, very poor.....

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes she was a fine looking horse and she knew when it was time to work lol once they was late getting the inmates to the back gate for turn out. That lady was a bout to have a fit she was up and dressed for work and she had a schedule to keep lol.

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
I didn't know you were ever married Snuffy. I'm really glad there's happiness and contentment in your life now. You're not being graded on how fast you can clean your home. Enjoy!

I liked what Sheepdog wrote about love - it's true. I do wonder why men and women have such a difficult time 'getting it'. Maybe due to caring first and only about SELF?

Many of the guys on this forum are happily married and consider their wives to be their best friend. I wonder what it is about their wives that is the source of such deep love.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
It isn't about the wives...it's about the heart of the man doing the loving....love isn't merited or earned...it's a free gift...given to the beloved no ifs, ands, or buts...

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
sheepdog said:
It isn't about the wives...it's about the heart of the man doing the loving....love isn't merited or earned...it's a free gift...given to the beloved no ifs, ands, or buts...
True - except - certain people love in ways that cause such a precious gift to grow while others destroy it - bit by bit or bite by bite. The love of God for each person is an unconditional, pure gift of love that one cannot destroy. Humans however, are imperfect and can only attempt to love perfectly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts