Gunner Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already ordered a stock for it. I picked up 500 rounds of Tiger ammo too. It's a start.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah but the new stock won't allow me to use it. It's ok though, I'm looking to make the gun as light as possible, incase I have to move fast or far. ;) I still need to order some stripper clips and pouches to hold them.

I'm going to put the bayonet on my Redhawk. :)

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
That will help a lot...that is my only real complaint about an SKS, if you have a big head like do, it hard to get the sites lined up fast. I think they were designed for starving Russians with hollow cheeks. :D

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You might be right, John. I think it's a problem with a lot of guns. Especially carbines. The red dot will keep my head up a bit higher and allow me to aquire the target much faster.

·
Registered
977 Posts
which stock did you order. I'm going to be working on mine after christmas.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Deadeye said:
Sweet ***** BH! I like her! :D
I truly love SKSs! There's something about a rifle that you can fix with pliers, hammer, duck tape & bale'n wire! I have one that I have a repair on that I used a Coat hanger on & it's lasted 2000rds so far! :lol:

Sorry didn't mean to quote myself just hit wrong button. :?

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Deadeye said:
Deadeye said:
Sweet ***** BH! I like her! :D
I truly love SKSs! There's something about a rifle that you can fix with pliers, hammer, duck tape & bale'n wire! I have one that I have a repair on that I used a Coat hanger on & it's lasted 2000rds so far! :lol:

Sorry didn't mean to quote myself just hit wrong button. :?
^^^^^^^
:lol: :lol:

I'm hoping it shoots as dependably as my last ones did.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Bountyhunter said:
velvalco said:
which stock did you order. I'm going to be working on mine after christmas.
This one. I like it because I can use it left handed. I put the same one on my 22 and really like it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0117044997
That's a cool stock, have one on one of my ******. You'll probably want to modify it so you can break down your rifle with out pulling it out of stock. The bump on top at rear blocks the receiver cover so it can't be removed. I just cut it off! The high sides on the fore end make it a bitch to install gas tube W/cover. It can be cut down also. I'll try to post some pics of mine soon!

Sorry if I'm over load'n ya with crap! :? I'm just like a kid with an erector set with a SKS!
Just call me "Bubba"! :lol:

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
i sure do like that mono-pod----------er, i mean bayonet.... :)

makes a feller think.........perhaps if you locate one of those shorter "paratrooper" sks bayonets, you could fit it to the rifle and stock-------just take a dremel tool and carefully grind/mill out a short chanel into the stock for the blade to fold in to............seriously......

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Hey BH here's the stock mods I did on mine:
You can see the bump behind rec. cover has been cut off. Also check out the cool Albainian bolt carrier & Williams Peephole sight!!!

Here's the fore end side cuts:

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.