Gunner Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://news.yahoo.com/s/po/20080421/co_ ... 86kXKs0NUE

Masturbation may prevent prostate cancer Mon Apr 21, 7:32 PM ET

SUMMARY: Researchers find that men who masturbate frequently are at a reduced risk of cancer.

Frequent masturbation may help men cut their risk of contracting prostate cancer, Australian researchers have found. It is believed that carcinogens may build up in the prostate if men do not ejaculate regularly, BBC News reported on Wednesday. The researchers surveyed more than 1,000 men who had developed prostate cancer, and 1,250 men who had not. They found that men who had ejaculated the most between the ages of 20 and 50 were the least likely to get cancer. Men who ejaculated more than five times each week were a third less likely to develop prostate cancer.

Sexual intercourse may not have the same effect because of the higher risk of contracting a sexually transmitted disease, which could in turn raise the risk of cancer. "Had we been able to remove ejaculations associated with sexual intercourse, there should have been an even stronger protective effect of ejaculations," Graham Giles of the Cancer Council Victoria, who led the researchers, said in the article.

The prostate produces a fluid that is incorporated into ejaculation, which activates sperm and prevents them from sticking together. Studies on animals have shown that carcinogens like 3-methylchloranthrene can be harbored in the prostate. Frequent ejaculation encourages the cancer-inducing fluids to "flush out." (The Advocate)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you'd like to know more, you can find stories related to Masturbation may prevent prostate cancer .

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
See I knew it was good for you! :lol: :lol: :lol: And to think I was about to give it up, I already need reading glasses. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
The Aussies have provided us with an expensive but good laugh! Wonder who paid for the 'research'? - could have been a freebie just for the joy of contributing. If this were true, not one guy in the world would ever be diagnosed with prostate cancer. Sorry about your eyesight Deadeye.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
You people types sure have some strange ways.....slurp, lick, slurp....

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Dang Sheepdog, if I could do that I'd never need to leave the house. :lol: Try'n to's what lead to my back problems! :?

This reminds me of an Aggie joke:
These two Aggies saw a dog lick'n himself in the middle of the road.
One says: "Boy I sure would like to do that."
The other one says: Better not he might bite ya." :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
I was watching Dirty Jobs last night and found out some cows can milk themselves with their tongues. They also clean out their nostrils with their tongues. These Bessies were real talented. I'm a city girl with so much to learn. :roll:

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
I was down at my local gunshop/range helping my bud decide he couldn't live without a clean High Standard Double-Nine...at $149 he had to agree....and talking to an ex-Company man...who is full of suave and debonair as a pig....he said he saw a card saying "Sorry I missed your burfday"...opened it and there's an ole boy with his finger up his nose saying "I was in charm school"......Ed said his caption would have been "I was tryin' to pick out somethin' special for you"......boys.....no matter the age....WILL be boys!!!!

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
sheepdog said:
I was down at my local gunshop/range helping my bud decide he couldn't live without a clean High Standard Double-Nine...at $149 he had to agree....and talking to an ex-Company man...who is full of suave and debonair as a pig....he said he saw a card saying "Sorry I missed your burfday"...opened it and there's an ole boy with his finger up his nose saying "I was in charm school"......Ed said his caption would have been "I was tryin' to pick out somethin' special for you"......boys.....no matter the age....WILL be boys!!!!

Yeah, because they make us girls laugh. I would have bought the card with either saying, but I really like the 'charm school'.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts