Gunner Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crap gets repealed.....
MICHIGAN: Registration Reform Bill Sent to Senate Judiciary Committee! House Bill 4490 and House Bill 4491 have passed the House and have been assigned to the Senate Judiciary Committee. A hearing date has not been scheduled yet. The bills would repeal the required "safety inspection" for newly obtained handguns. Michigan law requires anyone who comes into possession of a pistol to take it to the police or sheriff’s department for a safety inspection. The requirement of a safety inspection is a burdensome waste of time for law-abiding gun owners and the bills will end that inconvenience. Please contact the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Senator Wayne Kuipers (R-30), and respectfully urge him to give hearings to both HB4490 and HB4491 before the committee. You can contact Senator Kuipers by phone at (517) 373-6920 or by email at [email protected].

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
heck, i could have told them that's a bad idea with as many "accidental" discharges i've seen some leo's do!!!!!!!!!

The thought of some of them handling weapons the've never handled before sends a chill....... ;)

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Let me guess.....the safety inspection also includes recording the name and address of the weapons owner, along with it's serial number.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Of course, it's the same old gov't nose-up-your-ass routine, so that they can find an excuse to outlaw farting.....

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
I would hazzard a guess that most, if not all of us here, could do a better job of inspecting a new or used firearm than the police or sheriff's office....but then that not what this is really about.....

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
It's just more more of a million ways to control us. I hope it goes bye-bye.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts