Gunner Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a front tooth that had been filled over the years and the filling would periodically fall out (another $300). Got to the point it was useless to keep trying so had it crowned today. The dentist drilled it to accept a crown then with a cad/cam pedestal computer designed the crown to fit in the space and then read it into a 3D Printer. They have a resin 1"x1" block and it's like a mini lathe forming it into a crown. Here it is making the crown. The lines are a water spray. Once done it is fitted then it is baked for 15 minutes and is as hard as a normal tooth.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
I had one done a few years ago. It was made out of a 1/2" cube of porcelain that was run through a small CNC mill.
I imagine they used the same type of digital imagining as your Dentist used to model it.
That sure beat getting a temporary cap, then having to come back for the permanent one.

·
Super Moderator
10,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The imagining had red on the areas the tooth would be touching other teeth and he had to smooth it off the image and then looked at it from different angles. It was an interesting process to watch.

The dentist is a pretty decent guy and he took two deer off my property last season. He takes off at lunch times and shoots at the same club I am a member of, which is about a mile from his office.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts