Gunner Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a dorky picture, but it is the only one of my maiden kayak voyage. A friend GAVE me this 16' sit-on-top kayak and it's pretty fun. I plan on doing some fishing off of it. Didn't catch anything this day (last Saturday) but was more focused on not drowning than fishing...

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And my storage solution for it (as well as a better look at the kayak itself).

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
That's one cool kayak. You've got a great friend!

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Although water is no stranger to me, having spent almost 6 yrs in the USN, that thing looks like I could really hurt myself on it..... :eek:

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Looks like fun, but it's too long for MY bathtub...hope you enjoy it!!!

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
don't know much about them kind of boats-----other than i hear they are fast and you can go very shallow................and you can tip over way, way easy.................if i had one, i'd probably bubba'ize it with some kind of out-rigger pontoons or something like that............

ya know what i mean, kind of like the little flotation devices folks put on the arms of kids instead of a jacket........or those outrigger things the islanders put out the sides of their boats in the pacific.............. :lol:

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: Deputy, you are a crack up!! You're thinking of the kayaks where the bottom half of your body is in an enclosed hole so when the boat goes over so do you. You have to learn to roll in one of those or drown - take your pick. Eddie's on top of his kayak with a life vest on. He's safe enough. I think it'd be a blast!

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
:lol: :lol:

yep that's what i was thinkin'----i looked again and can see now he ain't in a hole he's ridin' the top......... :oops:

still though, if ya fall off in the middle of the lake, ain't it gonna be hard gettin back in---or should i say on that style boat??

·
Registered
419 Posts
Looks nice. Even looks like there's a seat in the back for your little pup.

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Johngoboom said:
You may think your a dork, but at least it appears your having fun!

IMO I prefer a boat with a motor. :D
That's cause you're still a kid. Some of us are just kids at heart so we can do without a motor. Besides, motors are noisy and drown out the birds and rustling of the leaves and sounds of the water. Eddie's fine - he's wearing a life jacket and he's got a hat on so he won't get sunburned. Someone would eventually go out there and save his behind. Maybe his wife.... or someone.... please someone....... help me....

On the other hand you've got Drummer and his black beauty boat. Well, I'd never mess with the Drummer!! I'd just sit down and shut up! A miracle - I know.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
If I had a boat like that I'd end up wet and pissed off everytime I took it out. :|

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
I'm with you John....give me a boat with a motor....preferably a 42 footer with twin Perkins diesels, and the money to aford to run it..... :eek:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't know if I'd be able to get back in it in the middle of a lake or not if I fell off. But I could always grab onto it and kick! They tell you to bring a whistle with you so you can signal for help if you get in a bind.

I just got a fly rod holder in the mail today I'm going to mount in front of where I sit. You can actually troll in it while you're paddling!

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
...if I got a boat I wouldn't have room in the tub for my yellow ducky...and I'd be :(

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
You goofy little pup! :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts