Gunner Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
...by naming it .22Mag...must be built a tad heavier for the increased recoil...oughta do ya as far a shot as you can get up there...hope it serves you well!!!

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
cool, what day are you going out?

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm thinking Saturday. I think the scope is going to work out nice.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Bountyhunter said:
I'm thinking Saturday. I think the scope is going to work out nice.
Don’t see why not, have a Simmons on my boys 22 and it works fine.

·
Registered
11,014 Posts
What is the tube diameter on that one?

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's 1", 44's. I'm glad I only had 1" rings here.

·
Registered
11,014 Posts
I have an old 4X on my 10-22 and that looks like a good replacement.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The thing is crystal clear. It blows my cheap Bushnell away. I was afraid that because it was only a 32mm instead of the 40mm, it would not allow as much light thru and look dark, but it is brighter.

Jen has a fixed 4X on her 10/22 that is really nice too. Danny gave it to me. That is better than my cheap Bushnell also. :? :lol:

·
Registered
313 Posts
My Simmons 22 mag is on my Ruger 77MKII been there for 7years next month.
It is a 3-9X32 also. Must be an earlier version of your new one BH. BAck then it was $55.00
The Simmons that came with my (Savage, its a mod 93-not 91) is a Deerfield 3-9x32 matte Bl. and look like the 22 Mag scope.I had it on the 223 for
a while and no problem with recoil.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
www.cdnninvestments.com

has their new catalog #3 out on line..........and silver 22 mag 4x32 on right now for $20 with tip-off rings............

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I paid a little more for mine cause it's the AO version.

·
Registered
11,014 Posts
As stated in your other post, depends on what you use it for. That being said, I had one like this on my 45/70 Marlin, worked great for a woods gun. I moved it to my GSR and forward mounted it Scout style and it works their as well. I mounted a Leverevolution scope on the Marlin to match the ammo.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I am the king of "Budget" scopes! I do have a few Leupold's that are great scopes but for the money Simmons and Bushnells. One of the best deals, IMO, is the big Whitetail scope sold by Midway. It is always "on sale" but the reviews are the most positive of just about any of their products.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/74...mm-adjustable-objective-truplex-reticle-matte

I have it mounted on my DPMS Bull 24. It impressed my younger brother enough (he only owns Burris and Leupold) that he bought one like it to put on his Ruger #1 in 6mm.

I've never had a Simmons rifle or pistol scope fail.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts