Gunner Forum banner

I Got My Gunsite Scout Rifle!

5K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  Bustah_c 
#1 ·
Finally picked one up this week. It's not stainless, which is what I'd really wanted, but for some reason the stainless model comes with an extra 1.5 inches on the barrel length that I'm not crazy about. Plus, no stainless models to be found anywhere, and with the current price increases, and the general hard-to-find nature of all things gun related now....I went for what was right in front of me. A trip to these guys [ http://www.mahovskysmetalife.com/ ] will give me the anti-rust, silver finish that I'm accustomed to, and I'll need to get some spare mags when possible...but for right now, I'm happier than a hungry baby in a topless bar!!!:-D

#3 ·
Thanks very much! A range report is forthcoming...and you're more than welcome to use my baby line; just remember that every time you get a laugh with it, I get a royalty check....;)

#6 ·
Gotta say, the more I handle this rifle....the more tickled I get with it. Great balance, very solid feeling, and comes to the shoulder as smooth as can be. I absolutely can't wait to wring it out.

#8 ·
Got mine the week they were released, I’m very happy with it and I’m sure you will find yours is everything you hope it to be, Enjoy.

#25 ·
Hmm....the only rifle I've ever shot that had a bi-pod was a Barrett Model 99 [and believe me, that experience is worthy of it's own separate thread]. So the GSR really lets you know about it when used with a bi-pod, eh? Thanks for the advice!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.