·
Super Moderator
10,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He graduated 2 years before I did.

Alumnus donates $25 million to UNH
Email| Text size – + June 5, 2008 12:53 PM
By Kate Augusto, Globe Correspondent

University of New Hampshire alumnus Peter T. Paul has donated $25 million to the college for a new business school, UNH President Mark W. Huddleston announced this morning. It is the largest single gift in the history of the Durham institution.

“Peter has been a true partner with the university, and his gift of $25 million will have a profound impact on generations of students seeking a world-class business education,” Huddleston said in a statement.

The current business school, the Whittemore School of Business and Economics, was built in 1967 and can no longer meet the demands of a growing student body, the university said. The new school, to be named after Paul pending the approval of the Board of Trustees, will have a greater capacity and will include “smart classrooms,” classrooms that have the latest education technology.

As part of the donation, Paul, a 1967 graduate in business administration, is calling on alumni, supporters, and those in the business community to help the Durham university raise the rest of the $50 million required for the school’s construction.

Paul, who was raised in Troy, N.H., founded Paul Financial LCC, a mortgage-banking company, and serves as its president. He is also owner and chairman of Peter Paul Wines, based in California, and president of West Biofuels, a research development venture that works on converting biomass into biofuel and biopower.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
I know what you mean, Terry....I went to highschool with Tom Petty.....my money don't look the same as his..... :eek:
I was also in the 4th grade with Jim Stafford....."I don't like spiders and snakes"......

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
I used to go to Terry Bradshaw's Bible studies in high school...he got the pigskin, I got called "pig"...go figure......

·
Registered
419 Posts
Doesn't matter if your name is on a plaque, or a wing of a hospital
or even a whole building. God looks at your heart.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Terry, you still have two more years! ;)

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Good point, Thunderjohn, my favorite people aren't big shots...just straight shooters...

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
+1 Thunderjohn!

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
thunderjohn said:
Doesn't matter if your name is on a plaque, or a wing of a hospital
or even a whole building. God looks at your heart.
But only because I don't have a plaque, wing of a hospital or a building with my name on it to look at. :|

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Look at the bright side...your picture ain't up at the post office......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts