Gunner Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are doing a thing with helping them and telling a CEO. I figured what the hell and sent them an email asking for something that many of us have wanted. Especially Sheepdog. Maybe if they get enough requests, they do it. Here's what I asked for.

Hello.
First off let me say thank you for making such wonderful guns. I own many.
I belong to many and even own an online gun forum. While visiting these sites and talking with other "gun nuts" I've heard lots of people mention that they would love to see a GP100 in 44 special. I think this gun, with a 4" barrel, and maybe even a 5" barrel, would be a great seller. A 4" barrel would be a great CCW and an easy carry piece for the woods. There are numerous uses for such a gun. This, in my opinion, and the opinions of many others, would be a worth while project for Ruger to undertake. Don't let us down! Please keep up the great work, and great customer service.

Thank you from a huge Ruger fan,
Shawn Fournier

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
i thank you............ :D

could you please post a link to the response site or the email address?

i looked on the ruger site and did not see what you're talking about.........

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://www.ruger-firearms.com/

It's the main page. Look to the right side 4th banner down. It reads, "Would you like to help us? Tell the CEO!"

You'll get a pop up with a window to type your message in. They let you give contact info and I gave them my email and this site address. :D

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
....3", BH, 3"....that would be the ideal.....but thanks for sending them the idea, anyways...I'd take a 4' if that's what they made...iron sights, round the butt....it'd hide fine...

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
I have written Ruger many, many times over the years asking for a .44 Special Flattop, all to no avail. It looks to me they could make a limited run of them and see how they sell.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sheepdog said:
....3", BH, 3"....that would be the ideal.....but thanks for sending them the idea, anyways...I'd take a 4' if that's what they made...iron sights, round the butt....it'd hide fine...
I have a picture on my home computer of a 5 shot GP100 5" barrel, 44 special. Very nice gun. I'll post it tonight if I remember. I like the 4" barrel, because of the veratility of it. It would be the only 44 I'd own probably, but it would be a good one. :D

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gunman42782 said:
It looks to me they could make a limited run of them and see how they sell.
They should, but maybe they think the tooling costs aren't worth it. They should know better. 44 special conversions are one of the most popular things today. You'd think they'd want in on the action.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Bountyhunter said:
I wouldn't mind having the 4" SP101 22. That would be cool. :ugeek:
I've wanted the same Shawn but one with a 6" tube also. :D

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've never even seen a Ruger Sp101 22 for sale around here. If I did I'd probably have to own it. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Come on you know that the 44spl. is one of my favorites :D

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Ok I wont tell you :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.