Gunner Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their consciences.” —C.S. Lewis

Sound familiar?

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
C.S. Lewis was a true Christian...not a damning, blasting, sternfaced fool...his writings reflect God's love more than judgement...and are based on his life experiences....I like his honest, me-too expressions....this is a good example....

In the modern world...it's often said "We Christians are the only army that shoots our wounded..."-----sad but true...a lot of church folks forget the reason we have a Saviour is that we NEED one...and pretend to be all righteous: I wouldn't do THAT!!! while hiding worse sins than they're blasting.....in open honesty...my sins are just as bad as the next guys...though they may be different ones...and if we all just love each other unconditionally and help each other heal and get along...that's more true God's way than going after folks and shaking our fingers at them...and more good accomplished than by trying to change them...that's not our "job" or our business....

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
I love C.S. Lewis. I have most of his books and all of them are full of wisdom. He and Chesterton were exceptional authors with great insight and understanding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts