Gunner Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the ax came from New York office because of my shoulder injury status, even though I was hurt on the job, and rec a perm injury as a result. They say because I can not perform the functions of my job, I am no longer meeting my job requirements. They refuse to find something else or create something that I can do.

Family medical, my retirement etc all ends May 31.....

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
I'm sorry and will be praying for you to be dealt with fairly...this is not....don't you have a state labor board or workmen's comp board...this is dirty pool on their part....may even be grounds for civil suit....worth a sit-down...sometimes God uses a pirhana lawyer to get His people justice!!! (and provision)

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
JB, you need an atty., and fast. They cannot do that.....if you were permanently injured on the job, they have to make it right.....

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Write down every word, contact, time, date, exact wording, document everything that will show bad faith on the corporation's or any representative speaking on behalf of the corporation...help your lawyer with every detail you can gather....I'd buy a composition book and detail every contact or phone call....prayers have been and will be going up on your behalf...if you were a lazy half-a.. slug who was late every day and had an infected hangnail....this wouldn't be happening to you.....but you gave them a hard day's work and they try this.....this world's upside down.....keep us informed....

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
What is this world coming to... :x

The days of 50 years and a gold watch are dead and gone...The companies run the show now. Good luck JB, were thinking about you...Keep us posted, and if there is anything we can do to help, let us know.

·
Registered
859 Posts
get legal counsel a.s.a.p. There is a statute of limitations that might come into factor. Particularally your retirement and medical. Dont waste no time on this. Good luck.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'm no attorney JB, but I find it hard to think they can do that without some sort of
disability compensation. I'll be praying for you. I hope your research shows
something can come out of this. Maybe somebody knows a good work comp attorney.

·
Super Moderator
10,939 Posts
If they aren't giving you a permanent disability then it's time for the biggest A/H lawyer you can find. They have notified you of your separation so the next move is yours and I wouldn't do anything until you meet with the lawyer and let them guide you actions. I have to believe that they are violating the law and I would not plan on working there again in another capacity as they will bring you back for awhile and then terminate you for another unrelated reason. Get a lawyer and get a settlement that will enable you to get through life with your new now bad shoulder.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just got off the phone with the 2nd law firm and both have given good news and bad news, both advising the same information.

The company that I got injured at is under no obligation to provide or make adjustments or create a new job function because of my injury. However, I will be getting Temp Total Disability because my employer terminated me because they can no longer work or have me work under my current "permenent restriction from handling, climbing or working overhead"

So at least there will be some money coming in, but this is not a wrongful discharge case under Montana Law.

·
Registered
203 Posts
JB:

Don't take this layin down. Get out there and talk to some more legal advice. Some how,
some way, some where, there is a better solution for you. Keep yer dobber up and keep
fight'n. We are all praying for you.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Man I'm sorry to hear that JB. I've been hurt pretty bad on the job years ago and I know it can be a nightmare trying to get what you deserve. I wish you the best.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
perhaps time to contact the feds and see about SSI.......................

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'm glad you have a bit of good news. But keep fighting.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
May be time to visit with OSHA....or threaten to....fines can be lots higher than settlements...also may be some federal shadow on disability issue...a good lawyer will know....

·
Registered
892 Posts
We'll pray for You JB. I don't know all the circumstances surrounding Your particular accident, but cannot belive they would not have to provide adequate compensation for Your injury. I don't quite understand losing Your retirement either. How is that possible ? I'm retired on full disability, & they cannot take My pension from Me, unless the company permanently closes. IMHO, You definitely need an "AGRESSIVE" lawyer, who's not afraid of them, & is willing to fight for You !!

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
We all really care JB. Keep us informed. Meanwhile I'll be praying.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Wow.... :evil:
Sorry to here that...I would deffinitly fight..
That doesn't sound right...there has to be some way to fight..

I fell of scaffold a year ago and messed up my back pretty bad...Our Workmans Comp in Arizona took care of it..I have learned that they would rather treat you then have you disabled, cause then they are always paying..I hope you have some sort of Workmans Comp in Montana..I would check into it..
I said a prayer also

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will be finding out just how much TTD (Temp Total Disability) that I will be able to draw, it should be 80% of full wages. I have a meeting with an attorney on Tues morning......

If I can make them hurt, they are gonna hurt

1 - 20 of 21 Posts