Gunner Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
877 Posts
I always start a minimum of 10% below the listed Max load, with any combo I've ever tried. Sometimes best results require backing off even more, other times I have worked a load to a few percentage points "above" the listed Max. I haven't used 4227 for a few years now, but remember it was pretty impressive out of My 10 1/2" Super Blackhawk .44 Mag., as a max load behind a 3/4 jacketed Speer 225Gr. S.W.C.H.P. with a WW LP Primer, & WW cases. :mrgreen: :D :)

· Registered
877 Posts
My .44 Mag. hunting loads are , a Hornady 200 Gr. XTP jacketed hollow point, sitting on top of 28 Gr. of WW296 & a WWLP primer, in WW cases. I've been loading that for myself & several others for quite a few years now. Very accurate, & they definitely get Your attention. :shock: For My lighter loads I use Blue Dot.
But, while We are asking questions, does anyone know anything about "Universal Clays" ? I was given a large box of reloading stuff. Most of it is new canisters of powder, (14 Lbs. of different ones) & three pounds of it is Universal Clays. I know it is a shotshell powder, but so are Blue Dot & Red Dot, & many others, that are great pistol powders.
So, has any one used it before, for handgun loads ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.