Gunner Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,885 Posts
In looking at the Blue Book of Gun Values there are several variations and in great shape some are valued in the low 5 figure range. I don't know if Winchester offers any service to verify a model, issue a letter, etc. but that would be my first contact. You may have something of significant value and may be worth checking it out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have posted pictures on a Winchester site and ask what this rifle is. Needless to say there were a few different opinions. A couple people thought this was a short rifle and another thought it was a Frankengun with an incorrect barrel. The Winchester historian for the site finally put all that to rest.It is an 1892 Winchester saddle ring carbine with an after market stock on it. Part of the confusion was that the members of the Winchester site thought that all carbines had the large barrel band at the end of the muzzle holding the barrel and magazine tube together. According to the historian, the 25-20 and the 32 caliber did not have that band, but, had the dove tail piece like the one on my carbine.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Glad you got the info you needed. After market stock, notwithstanding, that is one fine Winchester. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
21 - 24 of 24 Posts