Gunner Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Site Founder
Joined
·
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an IWB holster for my LCP and have found that my favorite way to carry it is to tuck it into my front pocket rather than my pants. The clip will hook the top of the pocket instead of the waistband. With a long shirt it works great. Anyone else do this? Or anything else a little off center for carry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,150 Posts
sounds like a plan!
No different that a large pocket knife with a clip----and still lighter than a knife to boot!

Someone see's the clip and will probably be thinkin' knife instead of gun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,985 Posts
I carry a little different than most too. When I am carrying something pretty big, like a P89 or P90 in the Summer, I put it in a IWB holster in the small of my back. I have to set the clip up like a left handed holster for it to work. This is very concealable, but not the fastest to get to. The most aggravating thing about it is getting in and out of the vehicle and if you are going somewhere where you are gonna be sitting a lot. The vehicle aint too bad, just take it out and put it in the glove compartment, and then put it back when you get out.

If I am gonna be sitting a lot, such as taking the wife out to eat or something, it is time for a belt holster and the Kimber Ultra Carry. And the wife has her CCW too, so sometimes I just let her protect me!!!!
 

·
Site Founder
Joined
·
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
deputy125 said:
sounds like a plan!
No different that a large pocket knife with a clip----and still lighter than a knife to boot!

Someone see's the clip and will probably be thinkin' knife instead of gun.
Yeah. Things like PDAs, MP3 players, personal GPS systems and cell phones are common enough so that no one even looks twice. MY LCP will actually fit into a full size Ipod MP3 player case. It's just not as easy to get out as a holster is.
 

·
Site Founder
Joined
·
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gunman42782 said:
If I am gonna be sitting a lot, such as taking the wife out to eat or something, it is time for a belt holster and the Kimber Ultra Carry. And the wife has her CCW too, so sometimes I just let her protect me!!!!

I have a hard time wearing a belt. I never have and having one on drives me up a wall. I'm constantly fidgiting with it. I guess I'd get used to it, but I still don't like to wear one. I know a belt is the best way to carry with a high rider holster, but....

My gf carries too. She needs more practice with her gun before I'll depend on her to full my butt from the flames. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
i have a desantis nemisis holster for the lcp already, but my wife wants to carry it iwb. With the style of womens clothing being light, and generally no front pockets I agree the iwb is the way to go. Now the hard part is finding one. Will any holster designed for the P3at work for the lcp? I see that highnoon has a couple of offerings for the lcp.
 

·
Site Founder
Joined
·
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't see why a P3AT holster wouldn't work just fine. There are a lot of people making holsters for the LCP now anyhow. The Uncle Mike's I use fits my LCP and mu gf's P3AT perfect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,148 Posts
Bountyhunter said:
gunman42782 said:
If I am gonna be sitting a lot, such as taking the wife out to eat or something, it is time for a belt holster and the Kimber Ultra Carry. And the wife has her CCW too, so sometimes I just let her protect me!!!!

I have a hard time wearing a belt. I never have and having one on drives me up a wall. I'm constantly fidgiting with it. I guess I'd get used to it, but I still don't like to wear one. I know a belt is the best way to carry with a high rider holster, but....

My gf carries too. She needs more practice with her gun before I'll depend on her to full my butt from the flames. :lol:

Let your gf fidget with your belt :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
Bountyhunter said:
I don't see why a P3AT holster wouldn't work just fine. There are a lot of people making holsters for the LCP now anyhow. The Uncle Mike's I use fits my LCP and mu gf's P3AT perfect.
i found a gunmate that fits it perfectly. She carries it everywhere now, can't even tell it's there. Nothing like a hottie with a gun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
sheepdog said:
Depends on what kind of mood she's in!!!
good point, she does shoot better than i do.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top