Gunner Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local news reported that "Hillary may be willing to accept a job in the White House"...my first thought was..."Yeah, there's still some stains in the hallway carpet...you any good at carpet cleaning?"......my second thought: If Obummer were to pick her as his VP, his chances of living out the first year, let alone four, would be the buzz of Las Vegas.......

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
She said she'd consider VP. Now that she's lost the nomination she'll go for it. Before she would have no part of being Obama's VP. If the 2 of them get together in office. Say good buy to the USA.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I wouldn't be so sure. There have been dozens of documented studies about people polling for a black candidate vs. people actually voting for a black candidate. The Democratic party is the single most racist mainstream organizatoin in this country. See if he actually gets any turnout. And despite what B-Rock and PMSNBC tell you, he is NOT going to win the moderate votes. The other thing that will be hamstringing him is his dependence on young voters. Yes, drives can be successful at registering people to vote, and getting above average numbers of the 18-30 year old demographic at primaries and caucuses, because those are more of an 'activist' angle. However, it has been proven time and time again that significantly fewer of these dumbassed kids will actually vote in November. It's why Clinton got a stunning 43% of the popular vote, it's why Gore and Kerry never won. It takes an equally slow 26 year old construction semi-professional to analyze the datum and draw the simple conclusion: young people do not vote. Period. And that's probably a good thing.

The simple rule of electoral politics is this (useful things I learned in college): Assuming a two man race, 40% of the electorate will vote for you, and 40% will not. The challenge lies in the remaining 20%. If that middle 20% is americans without strong party ties, who will they be more likely to vote for: the inexperienced error machine that seems to hate America, or the guy that commanded an aircraft carrier and flew bombing raids in the 'Nam?

Unfortunately, one is disastrous in the short term, and the other will destroy the only major party with a chance of rescuing this nation.

Wow....long....sorry.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
well, if the demos are lookin' for a one/two punch to beat mcain------that obama/hillary ticket is their best bet...........

As far as gun owners, neither obama or mcain can be trusted. our best hopes are with SCOTUS and the pendin' dc case.....................................

·
Super Moderator
10,775 Posts
deputy125 said:
well, if the demos are lookin' for a one/two punch to beat mcain------that obama/hillary ticket is their best bet...........

As far as gun owners, neither obama or mcain can be trusted. our best hopes are with SCOTUS and the pendin' dc case.....................................

+1

And get our friends elected to congress to act as a buffer against which ever democrat gets elected.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Watchin' McCain ham and sham through his speech in Hammond tonight, I was sick to my stomach...the insincerity and "I'm reading this" were loud and clear....I don't think he has a drop of commitment or passion in him....I'm afraid he couldn't beat a drum.........

·
Super Moderator
10,775 Posts
rp_cavanaugh said:
Unfortunately, one is disastrous in the short term, and the other will destroy the only major party with a chance of rescuing this nation.
There is a lot of insight in that statement.

I think Hillary may pass on VP and look to subvert B-Rock so he loses and the nomination is hers in 2012. Isn't that the Clinton way?

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Clinton way has been to have killed anyone who stands in their way...too many times to be a rumor...do some research...they are evil, power-crazy people....who think they are above the law....

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
sheepdog said:
The Clinton way has been to have killed anyone who stands in their way...too many times to be a rumor...do some research...they are evil, power-crazy people....who think they are above the law....
Thank you Sheepdog. They are power hungry evil people. (not real sure about the correct usage of the word 'people')

1 - 13 of 13 Posts