Gunner Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is an ongoing project. Probably will end up being 3 parts.

---

John McCain wants to be President based on his military record. Which includes the following:
Son of an Admiral, grandson of an Amdiral. 3rd generation Naval Officer. And yet, finished 894th of 899 in his class at Annapolis. Attended flight school after learning only aviators can command a carrier, a task he mentions often. Proceeded to crash five airplanes. Before getting his wings. You can get away with a whole lot when your father commands the European fleet.

Went to Vietnam. Was shot down. Captured by VC. Broke after four days, unlike his brothers in arms, who lasted years. Signed confession admitting to sky piracy and thanking the VC for their care. Released in 1973, immediately set himself about suppressing documents and evidence related to POW-MIA left in Vietnam, Laos, and possibly China and Soviet Union through the Pentagon. He continued this work in Congress. He dismissed all evidence, such as ransom demands, radio intercepts, satellite photos, CIA reports, information gathered from defectors, and live sightings. He compares these to UFO reports. Why would he not want them found? In the Senate, he changed the time to report a serviceman as missing from two days to ten. There is a litany of legislation bearing his name which makes the lives of POWs and their families more difficult.

While betraying the men left behind, he treated his wife with equal disdain. She was in a car wreck and Ross Perot saw to it that she was treated, as she was the the wife of a POW. Who knew Ross Perot would someday come in handy. After his return, McCain set himself about dating as many women not named Carol McCain as possible. Within a month of their divorce, he married the daughter of a beer magnate. Through her family's business and political connections, and their vast sums of money, he found his way into Congress.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
kind of reminds me of "tail-gunner joe"...................
I did not know he "broke" so quickly and signed a confession.
did not know about the anti MIA agenda either............

Talk about a lose/lose propostion this coming Nov..........

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"I'm a military hero! Because I crashed half dozen planes, started an aircraft carrier on fire, confessed to being a sky pirate, was given preferential treatment by the enemy, and never looked for the other guys!"

Audie Murphy was a military hero. Being a hero generally involves killing the enemy.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let's also remember that the disastrous Naval career of JFK led to his disastrous Presidency. And Carter was smart enough to command a submarine, but was outwitted by hajjis for years. Johnson was in the Navy. John Kerry.

Naval officers who have gone on to be good Presidents:
1. Nixon
2. umm........

·
Super Moderator
10,778 Posts
The only thing I hadn't heard was the preferential treatment and I thought he was in capitivity much longer that 4 days before he broke after 4 straight days of torture. His arm was rebroken in capitivity from beating and didn't reheal properly so he doesn't have full use of his arm. They knew he was the son of an Admiral so worked on him hard to break him. He certainly wasn't as tough as Admiral Stockdale who was a Metal of Honor recipient, 4 Silver Stars and 21 other combat metals but who was. They were going to use Stockdale for a photo op to show how well treated the prisioners were and he beat himself in the face with a stool so badly that his eyes closed from the swelling just so they couldn't do that.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
http://www.usvetdsp.com/mcianhro.htm

Crash McLame said:
After being periodically slapped around for "three or four days" by his captors who wanted military information from him, McCain called for an officer on his fourth day of captivity. He told the officer, "O.K., I'll give you military information if you will take me to the hospital." -U.S. News and World Report, May 14, 1973 article written by former POW John McCain
In 1993, during one of his many trips back to Hanoi, McCain asked the Vietnamese not to make public the records they hold pertaining to returned U.S. POWs.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Let's see...4 years of Obummer...or 4 years of McCain...well, that choice took a nanosecond....

Now, how do we get better stuff to pick from? Real live honest Americans who stand for something whether you agree or not? Patriots who really give a damn about the future of our country? Servants of the people who care more about what they can give than what they can get.....????? Starts at the local level...then, as they move up through local to state on to fed. gov't...they need to know we're watching them and we're up with what they're doing, and will not stand for the crap they're giving us now....oh, and how about more like a 95% vote instead of low 30%...it'd wake them up and let them know our country was more important than the evening news..........it's our own lazy-ass fault what we have to pick from....Vote every opportunity...it'll scare the pants off the politicians.....

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
rp_cavanaugh said:
"I'm a military hero! Because I crashed half dozen planes, started an aircraft carrier on fire, confessed to being a sky pirate, was given preferential treatment by the enemy, and never looked for the other guys!"
Who the hell are you quoting here? I know a bunch of the Ex-Cons and not one of them has ever claimed the Hero title for themselves. If you plan to continue making these type of statements you had better state some souces rather than pulling it out of your ass.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
rp, I am not excited about voting for John McCain, but I am going to anyways. I don't fault McCain for signing "confessions". The man can't lift his arms above shoulder height. I don't think many would fault him for breaking. Everyone can be broken. I agree that he was a miserable son of a bitch when it came to the way he treated his wedding vows. He has pretty much said as much himself. All of that is irrelavent.

As sheepdog pointed out already, you have a choice between Obama and McCain. One of those two will be President on this upcoming January 20. Which of these two will do less damage to this country that I love? That is the question that I have to ask, and then vote accordingly.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The real problem I have with McCain, aside from his many, many faults, is the redefining of the standards of the Republican party. But that's a road I have traveled before, and as usual nobody listens.

Now I know what Nixon felt like in 1960.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
rp_cavanaugh said:
The real problem I have with McCain, aside from his many, many faults, is the redefining of the standards of the Republican party. But that's a road I have traveled before, and as usual nobody listens.

Agreed. John McCain is not a conservative and his constant stabbing in the back of conservative ideals (gang of 14, immigration reform, voting against tax cuts, global warming crap, etc) really pisses me off.

However, he is definitely more conservative than Obama.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Nixon felt like a sack of shit...which is what he was...we need to tear up both party "platforms" and tell our politicians that if they want a paycheck, they'd better start doing what we sent them to do, instead of putting all their efforts into partisan crap and personal enrichment....I'm so tired of politicians I'd welcome some true patriots for a CHANGE.......

I doubt ANYONE knows what McCain really is, he's played so many fiddles........

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
b.roberts said:
[quote="rp_cavanaugh":pgyti5y8]The real problem I have with McCain, aside from his many, many faults, is the redefining of the standards of the Republican party. But that's a road I have traveled before, and as usual nobody listens.

Agreed. John McCain is not a conservative and his constant stabbing in the back of conservative ideals (gang of 14, immigration reform, voting against tax cuts, global warming crap, etc) really pisses me off.

However, he is definitely more conservative than Obama.[/quote:pgyti5y8]

That's like saying I am burlier than a ballerina. It may be true, but doesn't make a very good point.

I'm tired of limping along, electing Arlen Specters, Lindsey Grahams, and John McCains just because they call themselves Republicans. That's how we got into this mess, and I'm pretty damn sure it's not the way out.

Put B-Rock in charge, let the rest of the country finally see what leftists are capable of, then wait for the backlash to set things right. It's happening in France right now, it's starting to happen in Germany. Stop pretending anything good will come of another Rockefeller 'Republican.'

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
I haven't heard anyone even hopeful about McCain doing anything good...everyone I talk with just figures he'll do the country less bad than Obama...I happen to have two boys in service, and I'll be damned if I'll sit on my ass and let Obama get elected if I can stop it with my vote and my limited influence....I couldn't look my sons in the eye......four years of Obama would ruin this country....this isn't time for an "I told you so" stance....VOTE for the one who'll hurt us the least....

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm tired of this discussion. Obviously some are going to believe the bullshit that McCain is the answer, rather than just a prolonging of the problem. Seems the Republican party at large has the spine of Bill O'Reilly. Here we are five months before the election and they already have handed their support over to Crash. Before he has picked a vice presidential nominee or stated a platform at the convention. I hope they enjoy their own betrayal.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Long time ago, I was taught to use a method to make choices that's always worked well for me...they said Ben Franklin used it : take a piece of paper and make a big T...on one side of the T put reasons for...on the other put reasons against....I think the same method would work this election....on one side put the reasons Ob shouldn't be president...on the other the reasons Mc shouldn't...and vote for the one with the least bad things in the list...don't hope for any great good out of either, but which one would grease the slide least for us....while we plan a better way....a 3rd party vote this year might as well be a Mickey Mouse writein.....next election, it could be effective...this year, I believe it'll take away the chance for the lesser of two poor candidates to beat the worst one...and that's serious.....I'd rather have a good man to choose...but we don't....

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
McCain may suck, RP, but he's much better than the other choice. He may not be the best American ever, but he's not a commie POS like Obama. McCain may not make everything better, but Obama will surely make things much worse.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts