Gunner Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Humming Birds are amazing little critters. This one came up to the feeder today, and allowed me to get a photo.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
It's wings are a blur! They say Rosie O'Donnell's legs move about the same speed when she's on the prowl for a box of Krispy Kreme donuts. LOL :lol:

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
I've tried to attract hummingbirds but all I get are ants. They're really pretty.

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Dang, there's no where to hide. I think the confusion came from one of Deadeye's people.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Yeah if ya can't blame Deadeye directly, blame his people. :)

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Oh surrrre just blame it on us! Ya'll just wait yer gonna need us one day! We're all good shots & we're all Pack'n Hellfire & Damnation!!! :twisted:

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Deadeye, me and all of you are friends right?

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Whew, that's a relief. You're good people! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
739 Posts
I love hummingbirds. They are my favorite birds. I have actually had them sitting in my hands on the porch. My wife and I love to watch them do the Pendulum Dance during mating season. I have had as many as 12 around me at one time. Before I got my first digital camera, I went through a Ton of film, trying to capture a good picture.

OK, Now for the Rest of this story.
John I hope you don’t mind me sticking a picture in your post.
This is a picture of an ant. I found a few of these one day under the porch. They were absolutely beautiful. About ¾” long and covered with long red velvet looking hair. I had never seen one of these before so I rolled a couple around with a pencil for a while to take pictures of it.

Then I got my bug book, Audubon Society Field Guide, (I have a bunch of those on different subjects) to look up this insect and find out what it was.
Well of course it has some long Latin name but the common name is Cow Killer.
It is named that because it is said that the sting from this ant is so painful, it could kill a cow.
I mashed it and ain’t seen one since.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
I've heard of those...think I saw one in La....strange critter....betcha it'd smart!!!

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Your cows thank you.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
That's what I love about this place....learn so much about so many things....how'd you entice them to sit in your hand, Drummer?????

1 - 20 of 34 Posts