Gunner Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen (& of course) Ladies,
I have lived in Alaska for almost thirty years. Before I moved here I often enjoyed shooting my black power revolvers. But, living in S.E. Alaska where it rains as much as 100 plus inches of rain a year, has always made it impossible for me to carry my "sidearms" for protection, or just to carry in the bush. I have carried a few times, but only on dry days. Which is not very often.

So, the question is: "Does anyone know how to keep your powder dry, in a loaded revolver during wet condition?

·
Super Moderator
10,709 Posts
Crisco.

Welcome to the forum. We RV'ed to your fine state for the summer in 2003 and again in 2016.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Personally, I'd use a Simply Rugged Chesty Puller or Kenai Holster rig with my S&W 629 with some Garrett ammo, but if you must, get a holster with a flap to give your weapon some rain protection!

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Here's an article on ammunition and water, with some SAAMI info included:

https://www.survivalsullivan.com/is-ammunition-waterproof/

I would assume though, that you mean your black powder revolvers. Beyond keeping them covered under your jacket or poncho, I would recommend a nylon Uncle Mike's type holster. The padding is closed cell foam, which doesn't absorb water. Leather is a real sponge when wet....

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts