Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.......... SOMETHING ........... :p

• Haha
Reactions: SmittyJ

·
Premium Member
Tactical Prius
65 Posts
Just finished restoring a vintage milwaukee vice today. Got another one that I'll start next week. I'm teathered to a cardiac (sp?) monitor for a week so this was a couple of good projects. Building a new work bench (12'x2'4") in my shead to be used for restoring my 75 Honday 360T. This was fun. Ton's of folks could have done better but no one could have had more fun doing it.
First is when I got it and the restis the finished product.
Motor vehicle Door Wood Art Gas
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Floor Wood
Automotive tire Wheel Road surface Automotive lighting Asphalt
Wood Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior Tool

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I only see one thing wrong........now it's too purty to use......o_O

I know that took a lot of effort, rusty cast iron doesn't clean off easy.

·
Premium Member
Tactical Prius
65 Posts
Yeah but it was fun. Was using a flap disk on some of it and the grinder slipped out of my hand and I grabbed it by the running flap. It works great grinding makers marks off of cast iron and does a better job taking skin and a bit of muscle from your left had ring finger. Ha.
I just love doing stuff like this. Never restored any beause there vices....there suppose to be all oily and banged up. I'll get it there. Trust me on that. But I needed two about 4 inche vices for my work bench I'm building and thought it would be cool to try and do. Thing works like it came out of the factory. Love it. Have another one I'll do on the other end of the 12' bench. Same size but I'm doing it in hammered black. Couple of things to fix but nothing hard and it will be a looker too (for a bit). Got my eye on a larger one that I'll put on a 2'4"x4' solid core door that I'll fix a quick release between door and bench top for heavy work. Store it under the bench if needed but I'll have lots of room.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts