Gunner Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a new one and should be here Wed. Until then I'll be scarce.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Join the club; everyone seems scarce lately.

Don't know your preferred brand, in laptops I've done well with Toshibas. One running XP, replaced by a W7. The XP one got a lot of use and still works, but pretty useless for anything but old games. The W7 one doesn't see much use except on trips.

This old HP desktop is doing good after seven (maybe 8 ?) birthdays.

·
Super Moderator
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was an HP and got the screen separation that all the others did. This time instead of 4 years I got a year and a half. My last HP. Got an Acer this time. It had 40k reviews on amazon 4 1/2 stars and was under $400. See how this one holds up.

·
Registered
11,010 Posts
Oh No! Holding my breath on the wife's HP, always having issues with it.

·
Super Moderator
10,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the new laptop and it was loaded with Windows 10 S which means you can't download programs that are not in the Microsoft Store. I was trying to load McAfee and it wouldn't let me load it. I got on the phone with McAfee and there was a lot of BS you had to got thru so I packed it back up and I'm sending it back for a refund to Amazon. The new laptop will be here Friday with Windows 10 Home. It's actually bigger and faster than the last one so more expensive. I was impressed with the Acer other than the windows 10 S (per the McAfee support it means student) so got another Acer. The saga continues.

·
Registered
11,010 Posts
Got the new laptop and it was loaded with Windows 10 S which means you can't download programs that are not in the Microsoft Store. I was trying to load McAfee and it wouldn't let me load it. I got on the phone with McAfee and there was a lot of BS you had to got thru so I packed it back up and I'm sending it back for a refund to Amazon. The new laptop will be here Friday with Windows 10 Home. It's actually bigger and faster than the last one so more expensive. I was impressed with the Acer other than the windows 10 S (per the McAfee support it means student) so got another Acer. The saga continues.
Good to know in case I need to replace the wife's!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts