Gunner Forum banner

LCP at the range...

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  sheepdog 
#1 ·
I shot the P89, the GP100, and the LCP today I ran about 50 rounds through each. (I also got to shoot my buddies XD and Kahr 9mm, and his IDPA Custom 1911.)

The P89 and the GP100 shoot like they always do...No surpises there.

I function tested the new LCP mag with Blazer brass ammo, and the grip extension. No problems at all for me. My buddie shot the LCP and had 3 fail to feeds in one mag, a slight tap on the back of the slide put the gun into battery. He thinks he might have been resting his thumb on the slide. He switched to a more underside supported grip, and never had anymore problems.

I like this little gun...

#2 ·
range time is always good time....

probably correct about your bud's problems. Small, light weight semi-autos make it easy to limp-wrist or ride high with the thumb......

The LCP continues to impress me.........to bad they are still so scarce......maybe i'll get to fondle one sometime this year...............

#9 ·
The PM9 with a stainless slide. It's his carry weapon...it is a VERY slick little gun. I don't care much for the looks, (I'm not even really sure why I don't) but it was sure handled nice. I really liked shooting it with the extended magazine, but that really uglied it up. My only complaint is with the standard mag, it is SLOW to extract the empty mag. It hits your shooting hand, and has to be pulled free with the off hand.

#11 ·
Wiz, have you had any feed/eject problems?? I lust after their .45....but I've heard of feed problems with some of their guns....haven't gotten serious about it yet....I like the looks of them...wish the frame would be a little thicker...don't have trouble hiding it....but I'm in the minority....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.