Gunner Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts

I bought this matching set back in the mid 70's. They are Ten Ring Precision made in San Antonio TX. 45 cal. The Rival and Dueller. One is a percussion and the other is a flintlock. Matching S/N's P&F 09X . They have a lifetime warranty. I talked to Alex Hamilton the owner some years back. He will still honor the warranty. These haven't been made for years. I won matches with the percussion. The Flint is unfired. I have the boxes and all the paperwork. One set of the original grips were lost. They use a 1911 grip so it's an easy replacement. I have Pach's on them now. I made a loading stand for them. They haven't been out of the safe in probably 25 years.

I'm thinking about selling them. Anyone interested shoot me a PM. Mr. Hamilton told me he sold the last set for 1500.00. I'd let these go for less than that. www.tenring.com

I will sell as a set only.

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blkhawk 73..... I put a bid on one those Gun Broker about a year ago .

Ruger redhawk .... I would love to have the flinter....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Blkhawk 73..... I put a bid on one those Gun Broker about a year ago .
Used to see these quite often up this way but they're far less common now so this past year when my usual haunt had one, well...:D A co-worker has one and loves it. Debating the carbine match for it now as the same shop has 4 but would prefer that to be in .45 cal not the .50

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome from Tx . I've been doing the BP stuff since before 1968 and if I can help you let me know . My 1st BP revolver was a copy of a 1851 Colt 36 cal sheriff model and my ex-wife now used it for home protection when I was out of town and used it one time .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks... I'll be asking questing plenty of questions... can't really go shooting until I have what I need for cleaning afterwards. Stay tuned.

·
Super Moderator
10,780 Posts
Welcome from Tx . I've been doing the BP stuff since before 1968 and if I can help you let me know . My 1st BP revolver was a copy of a 1851 Colt 36 cal sheriff model and my ex-wife now used it for home protection when I was out of town and used it one time .
Did she hit what she was shooting at?

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did she hit what she was shooting at?
When I came home there was foot print and bullet hole chest high in 100 yr old oak ft door . There was no blood but the bullet never hit the brick wall 25 yds across the street either . The water meter is in the basement and the meter reader needs to come in house to read it every 3rd month . I think he was a week too early and my wife wouldn't open the door , so he tried to do a home invasion without success . :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The 1858 Remy was a favorite of mine and was one of the guns I shot in 1989 & 1990 NRA / USIMLC championship matches . I never won any medals at the big matches with it the 1858 Remy . Now I did good with my flint rifle below ..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts