Gunner Forum banner

Lets see your target gun

9K views 55 replies 17 participants last post by  FieldGrade 
#1 ·
I built this one using XP100 action , it a tight neck 222 which the case are never
sized , you just reprime case add powder and bullet and you are good to go .

this is 10 shots out of the 1st 20 shot I shot in gun at 100 yds

See less See more
#3 ·
Johngoboom said:
That's some fine shooting!

I don't think with my eyes I could do that from 10 yards let alone 100. I don't know much about that cartridge is that based off the .222 swift?
222 remington was before the 223 which is very close size and in the 60's and 70's
the 222 was king holding all the world records till 6 PPC came about . The reamer I
used on this gun only did two other guns and the were both world records holder and the
brass I'm using set a world record in the 70's . I built this gun in late 80's I think

#7 ·
John,
The .222 still holds the world record for group, as far as I know, .009 for five rounds.

Molon Labe

Kim

#10 ·
kim said:
John,
The .222 still holds the world record for group, as far as I know, .009 for five rounds.

Molon Labe

Kim
Your right 9/23/73 Mac MacMillan , Did it with a light varmit rifle , which the
class as my rifle with TN 222 with .246 neck which is the same spec as mine .
Thank you for information . Now I say TN 222 is still KING instead of was .
Scope is a 36x B&L on it and less that 100 rds fired in gun , I guess I need to
drag it out and start shooting it .

#22 ·
with no real wind to speak of it'll near cloverleaf @ 100m. Never had to fire it in blustery conditions. The heaviest pill you can get is 40 gr. It's popped quite a few whistle pigs in it's time.....now it's on lend to a buddy & has so far taken 3 coyote's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.