Gunner Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hit paydirt on parts this morning. Complete slide with sights, extractor assembly, and firing pin assembly. Complete fire control assembly. Recoil spring assembly. Barrel, barrel bushing, trigger, slide lock, set of factory grips. All is EC like the guns, $200. Added to my eight mags, I'm finally where I like to be with the "extras".
Same lady that sold me the $80 mags, but these parts were a lot more reasonable, and she includes shipping. There's an eBay guy wanting $99, plus shipping, for one mag.

On these guns, the serial is on the slide and barrel, which I just bought, and the frame. I guess a frame is the only serialized part that needs an FFL.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
You should be set for life!

Reactions: bearcatter

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Still don't have the two finger leaf spring, safety lever, or magazine catch. With those and a frame, I could build another gun.
There are people who buy complete guns, and part them out for profit.
I think this woman is one that buys parts from confiscated guns; the frame has been quickly stripped and cut in half. Sometimes it's tossed, and some parts get lost in the process. The parts I don't have are attached to the frame, tedious to remove, and that's probably why the woman doesn't have them. They got tossed with the cut frame. I have some Guardian parts where the seller said that was his source. The parts sell for a few dollars. The useless frames go to the scrap yard for pennies a pound. Stupid.

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking through her listings, I've seen she'll post a handful of parts for one gun, but not everything. So I feel sure she goes for the PD scrapped guns. I've even checked the completed sales to see if there are any parts I missed, and there aren't. I can't complain about people doing that, at least some parts aren't wasted. She even cleans them good and has them in separate little zip locks.
It could be a husband / boyfriend does the dirty work, and she does the selling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts