Gunner Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tell you, I have had one hell of a day. Yesterday, the wife and I bought one of those metal storage buildings from Lowes. It supposed to come with the floor kit. The kid that loaded it said it was in the box. Went to put it together today, and no, it aint. So, 20 miles to the Lowes store we go. Get our floor kit, no problem. But, the wife wants a tie down kit too. Well, they send us to one end of the store, and then they send us to another end of the store, until my wife (who don't get p.o.ed too easy) tells this snobby lady in Customer Service (who obviously don't know what those words mean) we are not moving another foot until you get someone to help us. SO, we finally get the tie down kit. We buy some lumber and other assorted stuff and are checking out. The wife is paying with one of those credit card checks because the interest is only 1.9% if you use it. The girl says "we don't take credit card checks". I say we just bought a $500 storage shed yesterday with one. Well she calls someone and is on the phone discussing this and that, what she is going to do on her lunch break and other BS, and I just lose it guys. I cussed and said things I normally do not do and now I feel bad about it, but I can tell you this, I will NEVER shop at the Campbellsville, KY Lowes, ever again. I have been to the one in Elizabethtown, and they are so much better there, and helpful, but I have spent my last buck in the one in Campbellsville.

And to top it all off, we have spent all the rest of the day trying to put this thing together. I could have built a wood shed in half this amount of time, but we are putting it on the property we just bought, and we have no electric so we can't use our saws and cut wood. If you have any inclination to buy one of those metal sheds, this is your fair warning, it is a PITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Sorry your day sucked, man. But on the up side it's an amusing story for the rest of us. :lol:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Not to sound like Slick Willy or anything but I feel your pain my friend. I recently had similar issue with my local Wally World. The pharmacy kept [email protected]%$^#* up my presciptions. Then the head pharmasist B&%#@$ got rude with me. Of course the store manager was "off" that day. So I kept my cool & left, went home got on the Web and looked up Wallmart corp. Customer service and called them. I kept my cool, explained to the very nice & receptive lady what had occured and that this was not the 1st incident of its kind. I went on to explain that I need these persciptions every day & cannot miss a dose or afford the gas to drive 30mi. rd. trip repeatedly to get my pills. She said she would turn in an official problem report. I figured that was the last I would hear about it or maybe get some free coupons for hemoroid cream or someother crap. Now this was 10:00am by that afternoon I had heard from the ass. store mgr., The manager who was "off" that day, 2or3 people from Walmart corp. had my correct pills & $20.00 gift card to help cover my gas. Now when those people in the pharmacy dept. see me comming they start step'n & fetch'n. I'm not sure how Lowe's cust. serv. works but you might give them a try. The Voices in my head tell me to do that to all the different stores, I'm not going to do that but "Sybill" may!!! :twisted:

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Lowes corporate cust. svc., is worse that what is in their stores. I stopped shopping at lowes about 3 years ago after an incident I had with a Troybuilt mower. I paid $2500 for the mower, took it home, started mowing, and within 40 min. then entire clutch assy., flew apart. Loaded it up, took it back to lowes, and was told that I had to carry it to a shop accross town that did their repairs. To make a long story short, after 2-1/2 months, 5 calles to corporate, and 6 trips to the repair shop, I told corporate that if I didn't have a refund within 2 hrs., I was going to go to get my lawyer involved. I had my refund within 2 hrs., and will not shop at lowes to this day.....btw: went to a local mower shop and got a Husquavarna (there are two different grades...the ones they sell at lowes that have B&S engines, and the ones they sell at auth. dealers that have Kawasaki engins). Haven't had one bit of trouble with it, and I not only mow with it, I also use it to pull a 3 ft. rototiller. :mrgreen:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts