Gunner Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this Garand up back in the mid 80's from the DCM..predecessor of the CMP. You never had the opportunity to pick and choose back then...just the luck of the draw. Back then I was shooting high power military matches and just had to have one of my own. It took about a year to get it. IIRC the cost was in the $ 165 range. It's a SA from 1945 and is a real nice shooter and the ammo was dirt cheap compared to today's prices. I still have about 2000 rds...bought a bunch back when surplus was very inexpensive. The rifle was sent to Benicia Arsenal for an overhaul after the war. Here it is. Regards. Rich

M1 GARAND 1945

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
That's a good lookin rifle gun you got there, Rich!
I've always wanted a Garand, but just never was in the right place at the right time for a good one that wasn't overpriced.

·
Administrator
11,110 Posts
It was/is a great rifle to shoot. That is a fine looking rifle.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You have hit my favorite gun ....

Hey tx, That is one beautiful rifle.:mrgreen: You had to have built that one as they just don't come that nice right out of the box. I've never fired a Tanker in 7.62x51..I see you have a shuster plug. I have one that I use on my M1 when shooting the variety of surplus ammo that I acquired back in the day...don't want to take a chance of bending the operating rod. I still have a pretty good supply of the old Greek HXP. What kind wood is the stock made of. Gorgeous rifle you have there. Stay safe. Rich

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Every gun TGR has is especially nice. He knows his stuff...:-D

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
The Shuster plug lets you shoot 308 hunting ammo in a Garand with no problems . It is for Sale must be a FTF only because all the ammo and stuff .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts