Gunner Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,232 Posts
Oh, I've realized how many, in searching for her account IDs and passwords . I'm guessing if I get 15 there may be a couple left over. It may not be so bad, as some places might be happy with one faxed or attached in email. Her credit cards are all auto pay, and only one has a balance. For them I'll just let the cards expire and ignore new ones.
When my Mon passed she was not considered functional the week before she passed so no one would accept a signature, even notarized so we had to get lawyers involved. Because of that, both my brother and I have worked hard at keeping our family finances pretty organized. When my wife suddenly passed 16 years ago I may have been a mess but everything flowed smoothly! 15 certificates at a minimum, you'd be surprised who will want "original" copies.

Bets wishes to you Bearcatter!

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks Smitty. I just found papers for an IRA that's not in our bank, and it even still has her maiden name on it. Another big headache. And a small savings account at another bank, less than $100.

Our Sprint phone account is in her name, and I have to cancel two of three lines. Sprint is miserable to deal with. It took them two days to get my current phone to work......:mad:......one rep didn't know :poop:, different one next day had it good in ten minutes..... had a bill problem that took three days to clear.

Reactions: SmittyJ
21 - 22 of 22 Posts