Gunner Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a huge fan of Mel's, even before he made the Jesus movie. He is one of the few decent people in the film industry, and 'Mad Max' is the greatest movie of all time. This is a scientific fact, and is not open to debate. Is anyone else getting tired of the 'Mel Gibson's career is over' crap, which is now even coming from Fox News? Way to go, Hollywood. You finally stopped Mel Gibson after he was in god knows how many movies, and started his own successful production company. Now at the tender age of 50, he has been forced out of the mainstream. Except for the three movies he currently has in production. And the DVD sales of all his others. I guess nobody likes Mel anymore.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I've always liked Mels films, especially the Lethal Weapon series. I've seen some of the more recent films he's made including Signs which not a lot of people enjoyed but I did. No accounting for taste I suppose. :twisted:

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
He's a dynamite actor...and funny while being serious...you know I gotta like that...I don't know his true heart about Jesus or politics, we kinda socialize in different circles, dontchaknow...but I like what I do know about him.....

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
His recent movies have been great. I liked the story in Signs (not the crappy alien part, but the faith and things happening for a reason part). Payback was excellent, even if it was just like Point Blank. He made two about killing English people, a cause I wholeheartedly believe in, the only movie in history which tells the heroic side of the 'Nam, and even one about the Justice Dept under Janet Reno (Conspiracy Theory).

We may not have a John Wayne today, but we sure have a Lee Marvin.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And sheepdog, he has been married to the same woman for a very long time, and is a big-time Catholic.

I suppose nobody is perfect.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Usually I like movie folks better not knowing all the good stuff....I loved Payback...don't think I've seen Conspiracy Theory.... and Whaaaaaat? are you saying about killing English people, a cause you wholeheartedly believe in...what's all that about and what were the movies....and what about Nam...what movie's that? I seldom study actors/actresses and don't watch all the latest movies...I average 3-4 a month on TV and NEVER go to a movie theater...too tired at the day's end to get up and go out...poor me...

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
I watched Mad Max and The Road Warrior just last night. Great flicks!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sheepdog said:
Usually I like movie folks better not knowing all the good stuff....I loved Payback...don't think I've seen Conspiracy Theory.... and Whaaaaaat? are you saying about killing English people, a cause you wholeheartedly believe in...what's all that about and what were the movies....and what about Nam...what movie's that? I seldom study actors/actresses and don't watch all the latest movies...I average 3-4 a month on TV and NEVER go to a movie theater...too tired at the day's end to get up and go out...poor me...
Braveheart and The Patriot were the limey killing movies, and I am not a fan of the people. I still carry much of the Revolutionary angst, plus the Irish descent. It was their inaction that sent us to Europe in WWII, amd now they criticize us for 'empire building'? Open a history book, Neville.

We Were Soldiers was about the Nam, and it was excellent.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Now I'm with you...I've watched the Patriot about 12 times, Braveheart about 7...never looked at them as killing English movies...my animosity toward the English was over when we whipped their asses and gained our freedom...now, a bunch of idiots and sub-species they may be...but I'm over them...I, not being Irish, haven't had any problem out of them in a couple of hundred years...with the possible exception of their dumping at sea all the weapons they begged when they feared an invasion from the Nazis(now them, I have some problems with)instead of returning them to the American citizens they begged them from...I've also watched We Were Soldiers 4 times, and couldn't have told you who played in it...good movie, I'm just a bit below a movie buff...well, quite a bit below....
Back to the Limeys....the English people....I tend to, in my old age, classify people one at a time, rather than as a herd....with the exception of idiot tribes like Nazis and Skinheads and other hate groups...I don't splatter hatred around like I did when I was young...and I'm surprised...most folk are different than the stereotype...I've heard too many stories of human kindness...from all nations, to blanket hate them...and my BP's lower.....and I've got some of the most surprising friends....

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lot of them weapons they had were Winchester made.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Can't tell Ya which one right now, but one of the Lethal Weapon films had a large "N.R.A." bashing poster, hung up in the police station. :? Cause I remember thinking at the time, How can they make films like this, & then attack the Second Ammendment !!? It wasn't prominent, or pointed out, I guess just sort of "subliminal" shot with it in. But, I very seldom miss things like that. :evil:

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
They made a drive across America...begging for any handguns or long guns the people would give up..sent a couple of boatloads over..plus what military guns they could spare...armed the population of Britain...some were hunting guns...some were collectors' items--after the war, the super-intelligent rulers of Britain swept them all up , took them out to sea, and sank them...I know some weren't turned in, of course...but the idiots didn't learn the lesson...next time...let 'em use pitchforks and brooms....I'll bet there were a lot of fine weapons given up to save the Brits...Americans are bad about giving till it hurts...just like when American Irish helped their homeland during the Troubles...we just have a bad way of helping the underdog...sometimes it gets us in trouble...

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Ya got Hollywood adding in their little digs, and Disney World doctoring their movies a bit...few things are straight and honest anymore...kinda makes ya wanta watch "Old Yeller" again, don't it!!!

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
41 Magnum said:
Can't tell Ya which one right now, but one of the Lethal Weapon films had a large "N.R.A." bashing poster, hung up in the police station. :? Cause I remember thinking at the time, How can they make films like this, & then attack the Second Ammendment !!? It wasn't prominent, or pointed out, I guess just sort of "subliminal" shot with it in. But, I very seldom miss things like that. :evil:
think it was lethal weapon 3---the one with the bad cop and the special cop killer bullets---i remember that poster in the police station------ large nra letters with a circle around them in red with a slash thru the circle-----thought it strange for a gibson movie..................

"patriot" was a favorite..............

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Who came up with the awesome idea that those buck-toothed, tea-suckin nancies could take up arms in their own defense?

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Put enough raw fear on someone who's a coward, and what's deep down inside him carefully buried under layers of civility and hypocrisy will often rise up and claw your eyes out...kinda like puttin' a little man in a corner...you just don't do it...they were scared...could hear the boots marching up to their doors...maybe a good dose of fear is what we need here....to bring out the man in Americans again...wake us up and make us remember some things are worth fighting for....focus our anger and bitterness on things that, if changed, will make a difference not just for us, but for future generations...instead of skinning by this one and letting the way it is turn into the way it will be.....

England is no threat to anyone these days...she's weak, rotten, and spineless...even the lion doesn't roar at a dead gazelle...there are plenty of enemies right here amongst us to roar against...and to prepare for...and to fix your sights on...Deputy125 gave us a sneak preview..take him seriously....

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I'm with RP on this one! I'm of German, Irish & French desent & none of them liked the Limey Bastards! My sister is married to a Limey whos whole family looks down their noses at my family. :evil: They call us Rednecks & country hicks while they are just factory worker trash from Liverpool that think their shit don't stink! I have never met a more arrogant bunch of Assholes in my life. Kill em? Yea, let my know when you want to start RP! :twisted:

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
You two young bucks just charge on over there and wipe 'em out....but you need to decide first...who's gonna mow the island...who's gonna clean up the trash????

1 - 18 of 18 Posts