Gunner Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met a guy recently who had one of those old school metal coolers, painted steel. I think it was Coleman. We had a green and white one growing up. Anyway he had put stickers all over it from places he had been or various fishing gear he uses.

The cooler we have now has wheels on it. Idiotic. Slides all over the back of the truck of course. I want to start my own old school style metal cooler and put stickers on it. But I can't find one anywhere! I went to Dick's looked online at Campmor and a bunch of others.

Anyone know where I can get one of these metal coolers??

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Holy crap!! :shock:

I went right to the source: Coleman's web site. (I thought I had done that before but I guess not.) Anyway, I found them and they still make them. But check out how much they cost!!

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemanc ... oryid=8501

Really cool though. No pun intended.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
My Dad's dad had one....he was weller-to-do than some....it was made like a park bench and you could sit or stand on it....wonder whose garage it's rusting in now...he died in '59.......they haven't even changed the colors.....

·
Administrator
11,120 Posts
I had one that was red and the latch broke on it so I put a window latch on it. Had that for years and the inside started to break apart and the lid warped (probably used it for a bench once too often) so I dumped it. It even had a bottle opener built into the side by one of the handles.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SUCCESS!

SUCCESS! I have created a post that caused Bountyhunter to go out into his back yard with his camera, take pictures of trash, download them to his computer and post them here.

I think my work here is done. :D

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Lmao! I couldn't help it. You want a cooler like that and I've had one sitting here rotting because I'm to lazy to take it to the dump. I thought it was ironic. :lol:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey does yours have the bottle opener on the side? And does it come off? Maybe you could part that cooler out and make a few bucks! The new ones don't have the bottle opener.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
I didn't notice. I'd go back out and look but you'll just make fun of me. :?

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
still holds cool enough for an emergency Labatt's cooler for your favorite yard dog while he works....when will it be full and iced down? Had enough of summer already and it's still spring...97 today......

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bountyhunter said:
I didn't notice. I'd go back out and look but you'll just make fun of me. :?
No I won't, I promise!

Your girlfriend, on the other hand, is probably wondering what the hell you're up to...

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
It's to dark to see out there. I'll check tomorrow, but if you poke jokes it'll be the last trip into the back yard that I make for you. :)

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
I found a red one in my dad's basement and it's in A-1 condition! Had no idea it was worth anything. Thanks Eddie!

·
Administrator
11,120 Posts
Natalie said:
I found a red one in my dad's basement and it's in A-1 condition! Had no idea it was worth anything. Thanks Eddie!
Does it have a window latch on it? :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Terry_P said:
Natalie said:
Naw, it's pristine - no rust, original lock .... Now I know why my brother put dibbies on it. :lol:

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Natalie said:
Terry_P said:
Natalie said:
Naw, it's pristine - no rust, original lock .... Now I know why my brother put dibbies on it. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Hey Eddie the handles are both combination handles/bottle openers. :?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts