Gunner Forum banner

What to get?

• Another 3" Colt Defender .45ACP

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • SR1911 CMD (already have a full sized SR1911)

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • SR45 (would really prefer an SR45c but...)

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Sig C3 commander sized 1911

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sig Ultra Two Tone

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • S&W Performance Center SW1911 Round Butt

• XDm45 3.8" (compact)

• Glock 30S

Votes: 1 11.1%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, not really, but I did get my reimbursement check from my robbery last January. I was going to go with a Savage Model 12 22-250 to replace my stolen Colt Defender 3" 1911, but I'm leaning now more towards replacing it for another .45 carry pistol.

So, here's my short list. What would you guys pick if it were up to you? (You can pick more than one, though I probably can't! :eek: )

BTW - I still have a Galco leather holster and 3 mags for the Defender.

·
Registered
16,373 Posts
How about one of each? I picked the SR45 because.............just because. But the SR1911 and the XD would be a close second.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about one of each? I picked the SR45 because.............just because. But the SR1911 and the XD would be a close second.
Believe me, I'd get one of each if I could! :eek:

My pros on the SR45

SR's are a great line of pistols. I've already got a 9c and a 40c. Dependable, reliable and accurate.

It's probably the least expensive on the list.

Cons -

The grip is long-ish for carry at over 5". I've got a wear spot on my leather seats in my Escape already from gun butts being poked up against it! :rolleyes:

Other than that, it's a top contender. Availability will probably be a big factor in this.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an XD Sub-compact 9mm for concealed carry and would get anything else just to have.
Would or wouldn't?

I have an XDm45 4.5" and an XDm9c 3.8". Both are excellent guns, but a little large for carry. The XDm9c I bought for carry, but my SR9c took it's job. :(

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
I voted for either another Defender or one of the Commanders. I think you'd get bored with the SR45 or
SR45c in a heartbeat, plus you already have an SR9c. They just seem boring to me, but the choice is yours!

Like I said before you already have xtra mags/holster for the Defender that you luv, big plus there. The Commanders would carry great in a Remora holster for your extremely hot Arizona shorts weather.

·
Super Moderator
4,289 Posts
I have to agree with the lady from Michigan. If you are going to carry it get what works best for you. Loosing that commander was a shame. We should still hang thieves in the town square.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, the deed is done. Just won a bid on gunbroker.com for another new Defender. NIB. About $100 more than the one I bought last year.

I'm happy. :D

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Well, the deed is done. Just won a bid on gunbroker.com for another new Defender. NIB. About $100 more than the one I bought last year.

I'm happy. :D
(I just tried to quote you & there was no quote box to use, then it occurred to me that I wasn't logged in. Daaaaa LOL :D)
Congratulations jlh820! You did good, and I don't think you'll ever regret your decision. ;)

·
Registered
16,373 Posts
(I just tried to quote you & there was no quote box to use, then it occurred to me that I wasn't logged in. Daaaaa LOL :D)
Congratulations jlh820! You did good, and I don't think you'll ever regret your decision. ;)
After everything he has been through he deserves it.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Get the SR1911 CMD, because I can't.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Gee, no single actions? Well, in that case, old traditionalist me would have to have a Commander. Don't care for them new fangled tupperware guns.

My purse gun. A little old fashioned, but it does get attention when I pull it.

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
Here are my 45 ACP carry guns . Both guns have laser . Geese make better watch dogs the NEVER sleep , that is why the drugster use them for early warning alarm .

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone. I'm comfortable with my choice and if I hadn't gotten another Defender, it would always be the one that got away.

Now onto my next project. Rifle reloading. Just ordered the equipment from Midway. Some parts won't bein stock till June. That's OK. It'll give me some more time to study up on it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts