Gunner Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Montado .357, TWO sets of Black grips, and money left over for what you could get ONE set of quasi-semi-artificial-ifthereeverwereany "Mammoth" grips...sounds like a deal....

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When the Montado first came out I wanted one in 357 so bad. Then I get into the 45 Colt cartridge and one day after I but the 45 I see that they now have the 357. :roll: It's ok though, I like the 45 Colt better. :)

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
The special order means maybe one-time...the genie says 99+...the genie also says there ain't never been no....never mind...genies have been known to lie occasionally....If they'd go .44 spl...I'd have to order one...which child I'd sell I don't know....

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think a 44 special would be a great seller. It would be a great packing gun for damn sure.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
If they (Davidsons) can get a special gun made...in quantities of 100---why couldn't anyone? As long as the basic gun was used and not some off the wall...why couldn't they presell 100 of a kind and make them up....that's not like making a GP in .44...they already have the frame and barrels...and could simply ream the cylinder shorter and stamp the barrel differently...am I missing something?

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think that they have to figure if it's worth it in the long run. The Montado originally came out as a release of 1000 guns, but the demand was high and so they made more. The available you see is how many are available to me locally I think. I was doing a search on them when that page came up.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
I went into Davidson's Gallery of Guns Genie and they gave the 99+----that's what they have in their inventory...at least when I bought my Ruger .45s, that's the way it was....

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
sheepdog said:
I went into Davidson's Gallery of Guns Genie and they gave the 99+----that's what they have in their inventory...at least when I bought my Ruger .45s, that's the way it was....
That’s the way it was when I got my 41 Hunter a short time ago.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
And if they have a bunch they just say 99+

·
Administrator
11,907 Posts
Bountyhunter said:
I think a 44 special would be a great seller. It would be a great packing gun for damn sure.
I would think Ruger would look at that and say lets give it a try. They have always have shied away from the 44 special but there is enough people that would buy them that I would think they could turn a profit. They should come out with a special run of GP's and see if they sell. I would buy one especially if it were 6 shot but either way as I think that would be a perfect nightstand gun and woods carry piece.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
A five-shooter wouldn't slow me down..most times 2-3 shots get you to where you can reload...the weight, balance, and power would be real nice...maybe someday....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.