Gunner Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had him make me these Mexican Bocote panels for my BH. I had him not finish them because I was going to do a little design with a wood burner, but changed my mind when I saw the panels tonight. They look fantastic, imo. I'm not even going to put a finish on them. I really like the feel of the wood. :D

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Looking real good ;) , talk to Jim and ask him about waxing them so they are sealed some what, JMHO

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
True oil will come out pretty glossy unless you finish it off with something like a pumice & oil finish.

Nice grips. I like how they look now, I'd just wax em real good with paste wax and call it a day if it was me. Of course, I don't "rush" into things quite as fast as you do. :D

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
About 6 coats of Swedish Oil would work too. It's not quick though. Have to put it on, let it dry, and repeat once each day. Protects the wood but doesn't shine. I'm so jealous BH. I like them natural too. I can just feel those grips in my hand. I've got to get just one more gun. I could get lots of different grips and just change off to suit my mood.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Natalie, I'm the same way. I could own tons of them. I like my grip panels to match my shoes. :? :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
I’m with John, :roll: setting here shaking my head

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
You guys nevermind. It's harmless and would make us happy. Danny, BH has a gun question or two for you?

·
Registered
892 Posts
:cool: Several good coats of hand rubbed Simoniz, or Johnson's Paste Wax would be a good option BH, & still give You the wood feel, while protecting them from damage. If You don't protect them somehow, Bocote will get darker & darker as they age, & will also likely pick up a few stains along the way.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
41 Magnum said:
:cool: Several good coats of hand rubbed Simoniz, or Johnson's Paste Wax would be a good option BH, & still give You the wood feel, while protecting them from damage. If You don't protect them somehow, Bocote will get darker & darker as they age, & will also likely pick up a few stains along the way.
Thank you, Jim. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.