Gunner Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On coffee break i swung by the house and caught the last half of that new spike tv show called DEA. Was not impressed and have not been impresed by it but that's what the wife was watchin'.

Anyway, they had finnished a raid on a house and had recovered 60 or so pounds of marijuna. They also recovered a couple of shotguns and handguns in the house. What burned me was the mouthpiece poster child for the DEA who seemed more excited about the guns than the grass. He proudly proclaimed that each and every gun removed from the streets saves a life.

Excuse me?
Seems to me removing the dope dealer who carries the gun is what might save a life. This guy acted like a gun had a mind of its own and discharged by itself to cause terror. When will they get it? its who is behind the trigger that takes a life not the weapon used.

And from what i gather, this is a "cops" style real life camera crews following the dea around. You would think that the DEA discussing their survillance methods, take down methods, investigative methods and demonstrating them in real life on real cases is nothing but a training aid to any dope dealer out there with half a brain who just might be paying attention to the tv.

Guess they think it makes for great entertainment and of course a propaganda machine for the dangers of handguns and shotguns out there. The anti-gun mesage came across loud and clear to me. To the general populace however, it came across --"remove a gun, save a life". Of course this was also at the ending climax of the show so the message would be remembered as well.

By the way, i really liked the footage of the confidential informant who made the initial buy so they could get the search warrant. they would not show his face but showed everything else such as his clothing and pants going in to make the buy. Then showed him exiting and the informant's vehicle driving away. They then said 3 hours later they obtained the search warrant based on his info and hit the house. Now how hard is it going to be for the criminal on bail or any of his friends to see everything about the informant except his face and given the date and a reversal of three hours from the time of the raid to figure out who the snitch is? i predict his life expectancy will not be long courtisy of the DEA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,985 Posts
It is almost impossible to watch a TV show anymore without this type of political correct BS interwoven in the plot. It is amazing the contrast between today and the old shows of yesteryear. I just in the last month seen an episode of Leave it to Beaver and The Beverly Hillbillies where guns were a predominate theme of the show, and cast in a good light. It was refreshing to see no hidden message about the evils of guns, just good, quality entertainment. Sadly, those days seem to be over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,011 Posts
The media is controled by the same Corporate Nazis that control everything including our government!!! Everybody thinks I'm just a loud mouth crack pot. What will it take to convince people that the Nazis are doing everything they can to take our only means of defence!!! We already live in a Corporate Feudalistic society! Can you truthfully say that you are Free? Can you even say what you want without "offending" someone (thats pretty much a crime now), without FEAR of lossing your job, home etc? The last Corporate Nazis I worked for had a list as long as your arm of things you couldn't say (we had training/brainwashing classes on how to conduct your self so no one would be "offended"). I may not be an expert on the Bill of Rights but I don't remember it saying you have the right to life, liberty & not hearing anything that offends you!!!

Our 2nd. Amendment is the one that defends all the rest, and yet we sit back & keep sucking on the Corporate Nazi Ass!!! Oh please don't take away my comfy house, big as my credit limit will let me have vehicle etc. Please take anything but my social statice. Take all those offensive rights the just cause trouble anyway!!!!!!!!!
It just PISSES ME OFF!!! :evil:

But I have no illusions or expectations that anybody will take poeple like me seriously untill the Nazis kick in their door. World history has proven that over & over again!

Have a Nice, Unoffensive Day! Dammit!!!!

Or better yet go out & vote for your favorate Puppet. Yea he'll fix it all & everything will just be rosey. The Puppets we've elected so far have done such a great job!

THE EMPORER IS NAKED!!!! THE SYSTEM IS FUBAR!!!!
 

·
Site Founder
Joined
·
25,453 Posts
I caught a couple episodes of that show and I'm not real impressed. First off, I think the DEA has to much power. Just like other 3 letter agencies out there. You're right deputy about them showing that guy. If this isn't scripted, which it may be, then he's probably going to catch one in the back of the head. Anyhting to make a buck on TV I guess. I have better things to do with my time then invest it in foolish shows like DEA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,098 Posts
Deadeye, you aren't wrong, and you're not alone...if we don't have the hat-in-hand what can you do for me attitude....the system views us as enemies and dangerous...I don't want a thing but to be left alone to do what I need to do for my own and my friends...they can stick all their programs, and their campaign promises....I'd just like to see politicians who'd level the field...but that'll never happen till Christ returns...He's the only one who knows what fair and even means....government by man....ANY man...is going to be where's-the-votes skewed...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,063 Posts
Guys I have to tell you, I'm getting close to abandoning the Democratic Party.

I will always believe that the philosophy behind the progressive Democratic movement is pointed in the right direction, because I believe that big business does needs checks to avoid unchecked greed (which is what we have now in spades) but the people that are running the party are in no way shape or form the people I want running this country. NOTE: I don't see anything better in the Republican Party so before Sheepdog starts his "I finally converted him" happy dance, know I'm not switching over to the "evil empire".

But what I am ALMOST ready to do is vote for ANY candidate that I feel will do a good job upholding the constitution, regardless of party affiliation.

I'm with Deadeye on this one. The tipping point is coming and our government is going to reap the whirlwind. The middle class is shrinking and as prices continue to rise, it's only going to get worse. What will you pay: $6 a gallon for gas, how about $4 for a loaf of bread? The prospects don't look any better than that.

What would happen if we faced a great depression type crisis today? People would starve...Me and mine would be ok, I can hunt and I can plant a garden, but you know damn well others would be coming after what you had...Scary thougts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,011 Posts
The problem I have is with our "system"! Bottom line is, its crooked & corrupt to the point that no new party (no matter how great & dedicated the are) is going to amount to a hill of beans. I will not vote or participate in this Corporate Nazi system! And yes that means I cannot complain about who gets elected. Thats fine with me! I feel that if I vote then I will be participating in a corrupt system that is way beyond repair. Even if we could manage to elect someone from the Lib. or Const. parties they would either be trampled under the Corporate Nazi Jackboot or be corrupted themselves. Power corrupts & ultimate power corrupts ultimately! That is a fact of nature! Untill we come up with a system that has its laws based on "Mala in se" (anybody look that up yet?) principals only, and takes the power away from Greedy Individuals & Corporate Nazis we are hoplessly bound to repeat history.

"The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200yrs.
These nations have progressed through this sequence:
From bondage to spiritual faith;
from spiritual faith to great courage;
from courage to liberty;
from liberty to abundance;
from abundance to complacency;
from complacency to apathy;
from apathy to dependence;
from dependence back again into bondage."
Penned by Prof. Alexander Tyler
over 200yrs. ago while we were still a British Colony.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,098 Posts
Johngoboom...I can't convert you to anything...but I knew after your first few posts that you spend a lot of time thinking independently of what "they" pour down our funnels....and I knew you were neither as Liberal or Democrat as you think you are...you're closer to the old Democrats of the 50s who were good men who worked hard and fought for the little man...my grandpa was one of those....and your values DO NOT match the current crop of politicians parading under the Donkey...it's neither true Democrat or true Republican we're being offered...it's rotten politics...hooray for me and screw the voter...we need a new system...and it's not to be found in a new or splinter party....
Deadeye, a lot farther back in history than our colonization, a people sent word to their ruler...Almighty God, through his prophet for that time, a message...."We want to have a king...like the other nations around us...." He told them that they could have one....and then He told them what to expect from him....and listed a long list of things that man would inflict upon the men he was supposed to govern....all of which happened then and all of which still happen....though we call him president instead of king....he's still a man and man hasn't got the true concern for his fellow man to govern fairly....so I'm waiting for a King to return who isn't man....and He will be fair and merciful to all...and government won't be crooked and rotten anymore...and everyone will be treated right.....in the meantime, all we can do is vote for the ones we feel will be the best of the worst...and do what we can to change things...not much...it won't be fixed...but replaced....when that time comes, you, Johngoboom, I, and all others will have a level playing field...and be able to trust our leader to do the right thing.....now there's a history lesson!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,011 Posts
Sheepdog, I wish I had your faith my friend. Even if I did, we still have to get by untill that happens. And yes I know that all the great Religeous leaders say "its any day now"! The problem with that is they've been saying that for the last 2000yrs. They started predicting Jesus's return as soon as he left, even though their own Bible says no man shall know the day.
Did you ever think maybe Gods waiting for a day that hasn't been picked?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,731 Posts
gunman42782 said:
It is almost impossible to watch a TV show anymore without this type of political correct BS interwoven in the plot. It is amazing the contrast between today and the old shows of yesteryear. I just in the last month seen an episode of Leave it to Beaver and The Beverly Hillbillies where guns were a predominate theme of the show, and cast in a good light. It was refreshing to see no hidden message about the evils of guns, just good, quality entertainment. Sadly, those days seem to be over.
Gunman, I used to like that show Boston Legal when it came out. I confess, it was at least partly due to the very, very, very hot Rhona Mitra (see below). Plus William Shatner played a very amusing character. But then I realized, almost EVERY episode was just a showcase for a liberal cause! Sadly, this caused me to have to break up with Ms. Mitra. She is in that movie Doomsday which I blinked and missed in theaters but I will get on DVD the moment it comes out.

I'm sorry, what were we talking about??

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,731 Posts
Deadeye said:
The media is controled by the same Corporate Nazis that control everything including our government!!! Everybody thinks I'm just a loud mouth crack pot. What will it take to convince people that the Nazis are doing everything they can to take our only means of defence!!! We already live in a Corporate Feudalistic society! Can you truthfully say that you are Free? Can you even say what you want without "offending" someone (thats pretty much a crime now), without FEAR of lossing your job, home etc? The last Corporate Nazis I worked for had a list as long as your arm of things you couldn't say (we had training/brainwashing classes on how to conduct your self so no one would be "offended"). I may not be an expert on the Bill of Rights but I don't remember it saying you have the right to life, liberty & not hearing anything that offends you!!!

Our 2nd. Amendment is the one that defends all the rest, and yet we sit back & keep sucking on the Corporate Nazi Ass!!! Oh please don't take away my comfy house, big as my credit limit will let me have vehicle etc. Please take anything but my social statice. Take all those offensive rights the just cause trouble anyway!!!!!!!!!
It just PISSES ME OFF!!! :evil:

But I have no illusions or expectations that anybody will take poeple like me seriously untill the Nazis kick in their door. World history has proven that over & over again!

Have a Nice, Unoffensive Day! Dammit!!!!

Or better yet go out & vote for your favorate Puppet. Yea he'll fix it all & everything will just be rosey. The Puppets we've elected so far have done such a great job!

THE EMPORER IS NAKED!!!! THE SYSTEM IS FUBAR!!!!
Man. What a loud mouth crack pot.

;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
859 Posts
Deadeye said:
Sheepdog, I wish I had your faith my friend. Even if I did, we still have to get by untill that happens. And yes I know that all the great Religeous leaders say "its any day now"! The problem with that is they've been saying that for the last 2000yrs. They started predicting Jesus's return as soon as he left, even though their own Bible says no man shall know the day.
Did you ever think maybe Gods waiting for a day that hasn't been picked?
Faith, the size of a mustard seed, can accomplish great things. You wish you had it. Take it....it's free for all that have recieved the gift of forgivness in Jesus Christ. Check it out. It dont make ya a wimp. Makes you a warriour for God. May GOD take a likin to ya pal.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top