Gunner Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's hard to write this without getting all choked up again and mad at the same time.

My daughter is an O.R. nurse at a St Paul hospital. She left work last night and took a different route home because of the freeway being closed for resurfacing.

She was going through an intersection with a green light when she heard a car accelerating very rapidly. Without any notice a car flew in front of her from her left. The other car clipped her front bumper just enough to scratch it and tear off her license plate. She didn't even have time to hit the brakes.

The car then lost control and hit a tree ripping the car into 2 pieces. It was on the news this morning. I haven't seen a car damaged like that for years.
The driver was pinned under the engine. He was taken to her hospital. I'm
not sure of his condition, but I know that God took care of her last night.
If she had been 1 second faster she'd be dead for sure. Thank you Lord!

I don't see many cars ripped in half, but I'll be interested to see what the police report shows for an estimated speed. I'm guessing 60-70?

Call your kids and tell them you love them. John
Here's a picture of the front of the car. They said the rear of the car was everywhere.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
very happy to hear she is ok......................

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Man that car is messed up! I'm glad to hear that your daughter is ok.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
I am happy your daughter is not hurt. One never knows when you walk out that door if you ever will walk back in. Best to live life like it was your last day everyday. As you said, call your kids and tell em how much you love them.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Wow, glad that she is okay.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Wow, that picture says it all doesn't it? I'm sure God was keeping an eye out for her too John and thankfully she's safe and sound. I had a van do that some years ago when I was in a part of Old Louisville. I had been out with a woman I was dating at the time and ready to make a left hand turn in a turning lane. A van came out of nowhere and passed me on the LEFT. Had I started turning before I did, either they would have struck me or I would have turned into their side. It makes you wonder how some people even get a driver's license.

·
Registered
189 Posts
God is Good... ;)
I am glad she is Ok....Man..I have 5 kids and 10 grandkids...It makes you appreciate them even more when you hear something like this..

Colossians 4 :2
2.Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.
Always pray for your kids and grandkids, you never know what your prayers may have saved them from :cool:

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Devin, you nailed it - pray for your kids and grandkids always. Thunderjohn, I'm so glad she's all right. God was watching over her for sure.

Devin I would never have pegged you old enough to have 5 kids and 10 grandkids. Way to go!

·
Registered
859 Posts
thunderjohn said:
It's hard to write this without getting all choked up again and mad at the same time.

My daughter is an O.R. nurse at a St Paul hospital. She left work last night and took a different route home because of the freeway being closed for resurfacing.

She was going through an intersection with a green light when she heard a car accelerating very rapidly. Without any notice a car flew in front of her from her left. The other car clipped her front bumper just enough to scratch it and tear off her license plate. She didn't even have time to hit the brakes.

The car then lost control and hit a tree ripping the car into 2 pieces. It was on the news this morning. I haven't seen a car damaged like that for years.
The driver was pinned under the engine. He was taken to her hospital. I'm
not sure of his condition, but I know that God took care of her last night.
If she had been 1 second faster she'd be dead for sure. Thank you Lord!

I don't see many cars ripped in half, but I'll be interested to see what the police report shows for an estimated speed. I'm guessing 60-70?

Call your kids and tell them you love them. John
Here's a picture of the front of the car. They said the rear of the car was everywhere.
glad to hear she's okay John....God Bless.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts