Gunner Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a restaurant Saturday and noticed a nice gun shop next door. Just snooping around my eyes fell on this (except with nice woodgrain grips). Oh my Lord. :shock:

This thing jumped into my hand. What a beautifully built thing this is.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Yea, I've been wanting an Ultra Carry for a while....too steep for me....for now.....beautiful gun. I also like the Ultra Raptor also.....

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gunman42782 said:
Well, mine aint stainless, but I like it:

Awesome, gunman! Tell us a little more about it! Reliability? Accuracy? Recoil?

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
I have shot somewhere around 600 rounds through it. The first 200 rounds (Kimber's recommended break-in period) there were 3 or 4 failures of the last round to go completely into battery. A quick smack of the slide seated the bullet. Those have been the only failures I have experienced. The recoil is not near as bad as you would think in a 1911 this small. It has a difference recoil spring set up than a standard 1911, a dual coil job, and a ramped and flared up front barrel (no bushing). It is more accurate than I am. If I am having a good day, I can do really well with it. It has become my primary CCW, if that tells you how much I like it.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bountyhunter said:
Yeah, thanks. Bountyhunter and I are gonna split one. :D

(Can I have it on weekends??)

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Man I was kinda hoping for my own. But I'll share I guess. :p

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Here it is:

It is not too hard to strip. You got to have that little piece of "L" shaped wire to hold the recoil spring in, and because of the extra safety (firing pin block) on the "two" series Kimbers, you can't depress the grip safety when putting it back together, which makes it somewhat tricky! But, it is easy enough to get the hang of it after a time or two. I always give it the "pencil test" after field stripping. Put a pencil in the barrel eraser end first and pull the trigger. If it goes flying across the room, you put it back right. If not, you didn't!

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
gunman42782 said:
You got to have that little piece of "L" shaped wire to hold the recoil spring in,
Does that have to be done or do you do it to make putting it back together easier?

That's weird no bushing. That's just on the small ones?

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
It can be done without it, but it is much easier with the "tool". It is included with the gun when bought new. Yeah, as far as I know, only the Officers model size guns are made with no bushing.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
what kind of holster do you carry that in, Gunman?

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Cast&Blast said:
what kind of holster do you carry that in, Gunman?
In an el-cheapo Triple K holster I bought from Sportsman's Guide for somewhere around 20 bucks. Works good enough. Here's a pic of it:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks. I like Sportsman's Guide, I've only gotten ammo from there before though.

I need to make some extra room inside my waistband and consider an IWB.

Oh yeah and I need to figure out a way to buy the gun also... :shock:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts