Gunner Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a boy growning up on a farm and not having a TV we had to use our imagination. There times that my dad gave to my mom something about roping and hog tieing the dairy cows as I remember. Once my mom really gave me to my dad for a long time. We have a school progject which required some wood working skills. Heck I had that I watched my dad he knew everything. It required drilling sawing and so forth, oh yea and there was some nailling too. Me and my best pal asked my mom if we could work together as he needed help and I was good at helpin ( just ask me and I'll tell ya so too wink). We decided that the best place to work was on the kitchen table. Well when we boys were done something was wrong. We could get off the table for some reason. So when and as mom if she could help. nope bad idea she got mad and told me to go find my dad fast before a murder happened in our house. So me and my pal ran as fast as we could to the fields to find my dad we found him. Out of breath but did get out mom is goin to muder some body at the house and she wants you to watch. So all three of us road the tactor back to the house, never knew a tactor could go so fast. When we got the my mom was in tears guess it had already happened and we did get to see it. My dad got there and said Cleo darlin what is the matter? She said George Martin he is you boy now for sure just look at my table. Dad said you boys stay here, dang ok had to do what dad said. Mom in the mean time is crying her eyes out. Dad walked in and then came out laughing saying yep he is my boy. Told me that I was going to have to help fix it and my pal too was going to have to help. Great we get to help, dad told mom she would get a brand new kitchen table made out of Maple and them boys was helpin. Dad told me you can be my boy anytime at least ya was a tryin to make something. Who cares if it didn't turn out.
That table that me and my pal messed up didn't go to waste either the wood stove made good use of it. That nght and several nites after we all eat on the back pouch didn't hurt us none.
I am in the middle of making my loading block for the 44-40 and that story popped in my head and I just had to share it with ya'll.

·
Registered
977 Posts
lol...nice story

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
i can just see it as you tell it!!!!!! ;)

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We was a workin and workin hard too, little did we know that a saw will cut the kitchen table too and nails have no problem going into the table. Ya know even the bent ones when in too.. Wonders never cease to amaze me in this life lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts