Gunner Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Historically, there is always a guy that shows up after things start to look bad, and he has all the answers to fix it. They develop a cult of personality, and their shortcomings glossed over. Their followers believe that this guy, and only this guy, can save them from destruction.

Adolf Hitler
Joe Stalin
Chairman Mao
B-Rock Obama

He's in great company.

·
Registered
105 Posts
For me piecing together Obama has been like playing connect the dots. I don’t like what I see.

He doesn’t believe in wearing the American Flag on his lapel. He doesn’t place his hand over his heart during the Pledge of Allegiance or National Anthem. Nothing illegal here but it is somewhat telling on what he believes.

Then there are his comments. American has 57 states. His uncle help liberate Auschwitz. In an editorial in the 5/30 Wall Street Journal, The Obama Gaffe Machine, author John Find notes others: “His bizarre statement in a Memorial Day speech in New Mexico that America's "fallen heroes" were present and listening to him in the audience.... Last year in Selma, Ala., for example, he said that his birth was inspired by events there which took place four years after he was born. While this gaffe can be chalked up to fatigue or cloudy memory, others are more substantive – such as his denial last April that it was his handwriting on a questionnaire in which, as a state senate candidate, he favored a ban on handguns. His campaign now contends that, even if it was his handwriting, this doesn't prove he read the full questionnaire.” Can someone add music to this tap dance?

Obama is a great orator. So was Hitler. At least Hitler didn’t need a tele-prompt in front of him to know what to say. Obama without a tele-prompter sounds just like the same old far left liberal.

He wants to raise capital gains taxes on top of the soon to expire Bush tax cuts. This would add up to one of the largest tax increases in American History. You don’t need to be an expert in economics to understand just what this will do to our economy. He acknowledges this will lower revenue but that we need to do this to "punish the rich". For what?

Then there is Rev Wright and his anti-American sermons (God D### America!). Yet despite sitting in this congregation for 20 years, Obama would like you to believe he never heard any of it. Let’s not forget his wife’s admission that she “is finally proud of America”. What was she before?

Finally we have a post in The Lounge by our good friend Montanan, “The USA needs a Wake-up Call”. It contains a link to video by Obama that outlines how he plans to gut the military. jaredshs comments on the same post “I don't know--but every time I see and hear him speak, he seems (to me anyway) to exibit an aura that says to me "I hate White America"”. I can’t argue with that.

So when I connect these dots (I’m sure there are more) the picture I get is pretty scary. If this guy gets elected I think he will make Bill Clinton look like a moderate. And America will be in serious trouble.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
I think if he gets elected the chances of a second civil war are great. There are too many things going to crap right now in this country. If things continue on this path, which they will with him in office, then eventually things will come to a head and I think it'll be huge.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
BH, while I hold your beliefs to be true and self-evident, I have a question.....who is going to lead another revolution, or civil war? The state governments are not on the people's side, because they are so intertwined with the federal government because of money.....the military is totally controlled by the federal gov.....even if you could come up with 5 million people that decided that enough is enough, where would they get the arms and munitions to carry out the task? Where would the funding come from for food and outfitting an army. It's very difficult to fight tanks and F16's with .45acp and .308's.....

Personally, I believe that the only way to get this country back to the greatness of 60 years ago, is through revolution, because obviously the vote is not doing it....but, taking a history lesson for the 1860's, I just don't see that it would be possible, and those people at least had the backing of the state governments....but as we all know, they too failed.

Having been in the military, I know that what I'm saying amounts to treason....but rememeber, our fathers were guilty of it in 1776, and some of our fathers were guilty of it in 1861.....

Ok, I'll go back to being nice Wizard now.....

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You honestly think that the law enforcement and military communities will turn a rifle on their own countrymen in dire times?

I am counting on a mass desertion when the lead starts to fly. I think only the federal law enforcement agencies will be against the revolt. And really, how many ATF agents could there be?

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
If push comes to shove, and paychecks....futures....livelyhood are involved, then yes, I think law enforcement would turn against the people...not all, but enough to count. Don't forget the Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, and the National Guard. It is not only the BATF one would have to worry about.

I do not want this country to come to that point, but I really don't see a way to prevent it with the current political atmosphere.....

·
Super Moderator
10,939 Posts
Michael:

One line in your post intrigued me: His campaign now contends that, "even if it was his handwriting, this doesn't prove he read the full questionnaire.”

To me that is even more damning than if we would have just come out and said yes I want to ban handguns (We all know he does anyway). Do we really want a president that doesn't read and understand what he is signing. This is the guy that wants to negotiate with a country that denies the existance of the holicaust. Just sign here Hussien Obama.

As to the coming revolution remember what McArthur did to the WW l bonus vets protest. I have no doubt the military will do their job with their usual efficiency. The revolution needs to be at the ballot box and it isn't too late for the House and Senate. I'm hearing predictions of a veto proof majority and with any one of the three current bimbo's that is a scary prospect.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Terry, I admire your belief in the power of the vote....sadly, I don't feel the same way....remember, it's the idiots that are voting to put this idiot in the White House......

·
Registered
105 Posts
Terry_P said:
Michael:

One line in your post intrigued me: His campaign now contends that, "even if it was his handwriting, this doesn't prove he read the full questionnaire.”

To me that is even more damning than if we would have just come out and said yes I want to ban handguns (We all know he does anyway). Do we really want a president that doesn't read and understand what he is signing.
Terry,

I was just quoting someone else but you make a very good point. Isn't the left now screaming about how George Bush can't read, write, or understand what he is doing? So I guess from this the logical conclusion for the left (they will never admit it) is a vote for B.O. is really a vote for third Bush term. :eek:

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Wizard, I believe that the revolution will be led by states such as Vermont and a few others that voice strong opinions against the federal government. I think that eventually one or two states will say, but out. Let us take care of us. Once that happens I think others would follow.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
BH, it is definately an interesting concept, but I just don't think it'll fly. My reasoning goes back, of course to 1861. The states that bowed out of the union lost and cost many lives, and for what.....Those brave souls were not afraid of federal retaliation, they vowed to fight against it. I just don't see enough people that would be willing to say "WE WANT A NEW COUNTRY".....Most people just watch tv and say, "things are getting bad, but what can you do".....I don't see any Patrick Henry's anymore....I'm not like Obama...I don't see dead people..... :eek:

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
That's the biggest problem Wizard. Not enough people will get off their asses and DO something about it. It's much easier to sit back and whine about things. I whine as much as the next guy, but if it came right down to it I'd stand on the front lines.

Did you happen to watch the history channel at all today. I did off and on. There is a lot to be learned from those men talked about today.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
I wanted to watch the show on Ben Franklin, but I had to mix and pour concrete for a ramp to my shop. I've seen it before, but wanted to see it again. I also wanted to see the show on the Revolution, but just too busy today.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
It was good stuff. I enjoy those shows. I think that the men who wintered in Valley Forge were some of the greatest Americans ever! They suffered thru great hardships to give us what we have and most people today don't give a rat's ass. I bet 40% of the people in this country wouldn't know what Valley Forge is. And soon enough people will be asking, "what holocaust?" Makes me sick. Not that I'm a history expert, but I do know some things.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
I'm no history expert either, but I do believe that without understanding your history, you're doomed to repeat the mistakes.

BTW: I whole heartedly agree on those men at Valley Forge.....would be hard to find people today that would endure such hardships for an ideal they believe in....

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
If you'd looked at rp's rump, you'da never gotten yours poured today!!!

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
:lol: :lol: I caught it and forgot to bust you for it. That's not like me to forget something like that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts