Gunner Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got to fondle one today........... :D

stamped "1943" in the side. amazing that the russians would keep this design in production thru WWII.

looks complicated as all get out with the manual of arms. The cylinder gas seal feature was a nice trick though i'm not really sure of the value in velocity increase........i suspose it would however make it possible to put a silencer on the revolver with this gas seal system.

kind of a awkard feel to the gun....seemed though to balance rather towards the back. The double action was definately not the best...i can only guess probably around +16 lbs. The single action was also very heavy.

The grips? functional enough and the additional of fitting wood seperately to the back strap and a small area to the front strap showed effort went into it.

the owner has some ammo on the way....and offered to let me shoot a few rounds.

all in all, just a nice piece of history. I would hate however to be the soldier back in the day that had to depend on it.......good enough i guess though for close quarters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagant_M1895

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
...some is better'n none...but it shore am ugly!!! wouldn't be caught at a BBQ wearin' one...

·
Registered
11,014 Posts
It shore am!! :lol:

·
Registered
608 Posts
...here's a pic of one I had...sold it to a fella to finance 'other' pistols :lol: ...yup,heavy triggerpull,fun to shoot-and a helluva piece of history...AIM just got in a new batch of them...and they have the ammo for it too if anyones in need of it... ;)

[attachment=0:xwi1ixgk]1895 nagant2.jpg[/attachment:xwi1ixgk]

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I remember reading a very thorough article about them a while back. Don't remember where though. If I was not so practical, and had money to be a collector, I would get one. Would be interesting to see chrony numbers to see how much the seal really helps.

·
Registered
11,014 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Fun gun to shoot but ammo sucks, plus can't be reloaded so I passed one up a couple months back that was in very good condition. Actually they work well.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Na I'll shoot my 22's they look nicer and shot better for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts