Gunner Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a choice to make. I was looking at new carry pieces, for summer wear/to loan to the ball and chain, and narrowed it down to two. Cost is equal, both 9mm

Kel-Tec PF9 - smaller of the bunch
Taurus PT-111 - bit bigger

Anybody have recommendations? I am leaning towards the Taurus, but the salesman kept pushing the Kel-Tec. Said many LEO's were carrying them as back-up pieces. For some odd reason I have trouble with potentially trusting my life to a Kel-Tec, but cannot tell you why exactly. Some odd paranoia.

They also worked on the LCP angle, but I explained to them that I will never buy a Ruger new. Ever.

· Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I noticed those while looking through the suppliers catalogs today. One thing I really liked about that PT111 was the $350 price. Plus I actually held it in my hands. There aren't enough gun stores here and their inventory tends to be pretty slim, so hands-on experience with the weapon is rare.

Sounds like we all are on the same page. I will probably be going back for that Taurus next week. Hate to rush into a purchase. If I am still thinking about it in seven days, it will be mine. Thanks for all your input.

Oh yeah, that dealer stocks Hi-Points too.......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.